CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Riverplace

btoy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many floors is the terrace going to have?

The Terrace will appear to be an almost exact copy of the Hampton Inn and Suites from the exterior. The height is the same.

Thanks for these awesome photos, RT! :shades: Everything is looking great, and should soon be open and operating.

If anyone hasn't been to downtown Greenville in awhile, it is time to come for a long visit. You'll completely enjoy yourself! ;)

Yea, this puts the height and design of the Terrace into perspective (it's the building to the right of the Centerpiece Fountain):

aerial-perspective.jpg

You know, this is a bit of an aside, but it would be nice for a permanent awning, similar to the one at Riverhouse at the entrance to Falls Park, to be installed over the Dow Amphitheatre. That'd look soo cool, provide permanent shelter, and really tie this entire area together better. :shades:

it would be nice for a permanent awning, similar to the one at Riverhouse at the entrance to Falls Park, to be installed over the Dow Amphitheatre. That'd look soo cool, provide permanent shelter, and really tie this entire area together better.

This is an excellent idea. So excellent, I'm surprised it hasn

The Terrace will appear to be an almost exact copy of the Hampton Inn and Suites from the exterior. The height is the same.

Thanks for these awesome photos, RT! :shades: Everything is looking great, and should soon be open and operating.

If anyone hasn't been to downtown Greenville in awhile, it is time to come for a long visit. You'll completely enjoy yourself! ;)

o ok. thanks. i like this project much better than mcbee station. although i may change my mind once things start going up.

While i was at work today working at the riverplace building i noticed the restaurant platform that is going to be on the terrace side. It should be pretty cool when these two restaurants are working. The water fountain had a leak on it the other day and water was actually leaking out of the walls. Fortuanetly it was only a leak in the water proofing and they were able to take care of that quickly. Im sure you already know that the water fountain is going to have music that shoots water up when different musical notes play! They have so many water pipes connecting to everything i hope the plumbers get it right the first time and dont have to do too many redo's

They do appear to be doing some grading where the phase 3 buildings should be. I asked the guy running the huge packing machine what was going there and he told me parking lots. That doesnt match up with what the picture shows though. The path way is now completed as you can tell from rested travelers pictures. I do know buildings are going where the people are grading now. It could just be a temporary place to move the office trailers and equipment while they get some more of that dirt out of there.

-Evan

They do appear to be doing some grading where the phase 3 buildings should be. I asked the guy running the huge packing machine what was going there and he told me parking lots. That doesnt match up with what the picture shows though. The path way is now completed as you can tell from rested travelers pictures. I do know buildings are going where the people are grading now. It could just be a temporary place to move the office trailers and equipment while they get some more of that dirt out of there.

-Evan

Actually i think you are talking about the Phase II portion, which from what i hear they are tmporarily making into parking until they are ready to build the three remaining buildings of Phase II.

Phase III is the large office building they are supposedly building in the area between RIver St. and Academy St. acrosss from the Innovate building.

So maybe the guy was right about it just being parking lots for now. Are they planning on tearing that old building down that is between academy and river street though to make more room for the bigger office building that is going over there? My dad tells me that used to be an old ice house.

Actually i think you are talking about the Phase II portion, which from what i hear they are tmporarily making into parking until they are ready to build the three remaining buildings of Phase II.

Phase III is the large office building they are supposedly building in the area between RIver St. and Academy St. acrosss from the Innovate building.

I think this is what I had heard as well, that the parking lots will be temporary until Phase 2 could be completed. But I thought we also heard that Phase 3 already had the "go ahead" and could actually start construction. But I have not heard anythign since that time, and was wondering if there is a hold up, change of plans, etc. I do remember hearing that it might be redesigned and could be larger. Let us know if you hear any more erm!

BTW, I saw a MLS listing for the a condo in the Terrace, and it was for over 850k. Here we go again! :wacko:

BTW, I saw a MLS listing for the a condo in the Terrace, and it was for over 850k. Here we go again! :wacko:

The one you saw listed is by far the largest unit (and the coolest) in the building, 602.

Here's the full price sheet for all units, if you're interested.

i think i heard the developer say once that phase 3 could be started now but the city has not approved funding for the garage or something like that.

That's what I have read a few times, too. Phase II cannot be completed until the City of Greenville funds the remainder of the parking structure underneath it all and Phase III cannot begin for the same reason.

It is a high priority; however, there just wasn't anything left in the budget for it and with the excessive settlement over the Main Street properties, it seems it may be a while longer than had originally been anticipated? Not sure, really. If the city can squeeze any money for these out, you know they will.

Hey guys i personally helped build that fountain :-). I love having my hand in things of this magnitude. Im a mason by the way in case none of you knew. We did all the block work that is supporting all the rock work. We gave the stone layers a guide to go by. Also Riverplace and river house i helped put the brick on. Its neat to see it all come together now. sigh

-Evan

Hey guys i personally helped build that fountain :-). I love having my hand in things of this magnitude. Im a mason by the way in case none of you knew. We did all the block work that is supporting all the rock work. We gave the stone layers a guide to go by. Also Riverplace and river house i helped put the brick on. Its neat to see it all come together now. sigh

-Evan

That is awesome, Evan! I know that you can take great pride in the impact your work has (and will have) on Greenville. We certainly appreciate it!

-Evan

Great work, erm1981! I walked down to the sidewalk from the upper landing the other day and this fountain looks amazing! I can't wait for it to be complete and flowing for public enjoyment! :shades: