CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Riverplace

btoy

We are having some problems with water leakage from the fountain. The water is making its way back into the pump room and flooding a little bit, but they found where the leak is comming from. It appears they are going to take off a small portion of the rock to fix it but it wont take long to fix im sure.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay....from what i have heard the big red ball is for The Bounce Agency, who will be moving into some of the office space in The Terraces...there you go.

Well, that makes more sense than it being a Pilates ball for the Jolly Greenville Giant. :lol:

Edited by RestedTraveler

Too bad the bottom portion of the fountain wasn't running today. I noticed tons of families going over to check it out, but it was dry. :(

On another interesting note, I have heard that, depending on the success of the new art studios on the riverwalk, Hughes hopes to continue developing the same upstream. It has been somewhat challenging (time, parking, insurance), but all of the artists LOVE the studios. There will be a run on any future spaces that are created along the river. :D

Too bad the bottom portion of the fountain wasn't running today. I noticed tons of families going over to check it out, but it was dry. :(

You can count us in that grouping. My kids had their bathing suits on underneath their clothes so they could splash around and cool down for a bit an get wet. It was all my daughter talked about all day (until we got to the Children's Area at least). It's a bummer that it wasn't running, but they realize it'll be there another day when we go back. :thumbsup:

This whole train track thing has yet to grow on me. I am also dissapointed because the whole fountain rarely seems to be on. The middle section on the left handside has been off more than I have seen it on, and this really detracts from the overall look as it makes it quite disjointed. I also have yet to hear any music. Is all this just because it is still be fine tuned?

I had thought that there would be another floor (8 in total); however, the railing that they've constructed around the current rim of the top of the building lead me to think that they've topped it out. :unsure: Not sure, myself.

no, there is going to be another floor or actually i think it's just more columns and then the roof.... the railing is probably just for safety reasons.

thanks, I didn't realize that. Does anyone know the occupancy rates for the office space at Riverplace? From the street, the first building looks pretty full...

There's 15,000k unoccupied in the first building. While the second building is technically vacant, it is 100% spoken for. So depending on whether you include the under construction space, occupancy is either 90% or 83%. While it is high for the market (Class A occupancy downtown is at around 92-93%), it's really just one contiguous space that is not occupied. One tenant will bring it to 100%.

Edited by breed

Fountain was probably off cause water has magically been able to come back into the pump room which should be dry but its soaked in there. Like skyliner said the railing at the top of the terrace is just safety...nothing more. Every scaffold we build to lay brick we have to have all x-braces on and safety rails around the top so no one can fall off. OSHA is very strict on those kinds of things. I had to take that boring 10 hour OSHA safety course with some of harpers superintendents.