CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Riverplace

btoy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:yawn:

Embassy Suites + Ruth's Chris = Boring. 

But something is sure better than nothing. Look forward to seeing this built quickly. 

It may be "boring," but it says a lot for a city like Greenville to have not one, but two Ruth's Chris steakhouses.  Most cities don't have one, let alone two.  With the increasing number of business travelers spending time in downtown Greenville, there is something to be said for a place like Ruth's Chris which is familiar as a result of travels to other cities.

The following metro areas have at least two Ruth's Chris Steakhouses:

Los Angeles, CA

San Diego, CA

San Francisco, CA

Atlanta, GA

Washington, DC

Miami, FL

Tampa, FL

Honolulu, HI

Maui, HI

Chicago, IL

Indianapolis, IN

New Orleans, LA

Baltimore, MD

St. Louis, MO

New York, NY

Charlotte, NC

Raleigh, NC

Philadelphia, PA

San Antonio, TX

Salt Lake City, UT

Seattle, WA

I'd say that's pretty good company for little 'ol Greenvile, SC!  :thumbsup:

Edited by Greenville
  • Like 1

I agree. Even though it is something we already have in Greenville, it does say a lot about this metro area if the chain can think that two can be supported here. This is especially true due to how high-end the restaurant is.

Triangle Construction has been added as a contractor also.

Edited by gman430

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Construction of the garage extension must commence before the hotel can be built. Considering the work Hughes and the city are doing nearby and the increasingly limited amount of empty space in the vicinity, they may be staggering the developments to lessen the impact on businesses that utilize the garage and Camperdown Way.

Construction of the garage extension must commence before the hotel can be built. Considering the work Hughes and the city are doing nearby and the increasingly limited amount of empty space in the vicinity, they may be staggering the developments to lessen the impact on businesses that utilize the garage and Camperdown Way.

I should have been more clear. When I said the hotel must start construction by today, I was also referring to the garage attached to the bottom of it. Not sure what will happen if Windsor Aughtry and Hughes violates the city's development agreement for this project which it looks like they're going to: http://www.greenvillesc.gov/CouncilAgendas/minutes/2014/JANUARY/Formal/1-13-2014/Item15b-Development%20Agreement%20with%20RiverPlace%20Development,%20LLC.pdf (page 5)

Edited by gman430

Is the city not in charge of constructing the garage extension?

The city is indeed in charge of it but I had assumed the development agreement also included the garage starting construction by today in order to meet the deadlines that were established within it.

Hasn't there been some minor site clearing? That would probably count.

The property was semi-full of equipment yesterday afternoon, but that equipment is likely for the Camperdown Way and River's Edge projects - perhaps even the for the Bank Of America tower renovation, although that seems less likely given the empty space that will soon hold the next phase of ONE is right there.

Surely a deadline pardon was granted to accommodate the businesses operating at RiverPlace. It seems reasonable to wait until the road work along Camperdown is complete before tearing into the garage extension.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...