Austin Pictures

raleightransplant

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Aaah, ACL Festival. I had some fun there, and might again this year!

Good times.

Great pics.

I love seeing pics of other Texas cities. Being a lifelong Dallasite, I know this city through and through. But no matter how often I visit Austin, Houston, San Antonio, et al I never get to see the city like a local does. Texas cities are too big to take in on short visits.

I know what you mean, I grew up and live in Charlotte but have family spread throughout Texas. I have a blast every time I'm down there no matter which city I'm in. There's just so much to try to take in though. The food down there is increadible too!

BTW, I saw the lineup for the ACL came out last week, looks like another good one. Maybe I'll get down there to check it out one of these years.

Nice Pics!

Austin has a nice skyline. My favorite photo was that one Spartan posted.

I hear the state capitol building, which was in the center of the photo he took, is the second largest in the country. Is that true? It's a nice building.

I hear the state capitol building, which was in the center of the photo he took, is the second largest in the country. Is that true? It's a nice building.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Texas State Capitol building is the largest of all the state capitol buildings and is only second to the U.S. Capitol in Washington, DC. However the state capitol dome is 15 ft. taller than the US capitol dome. I'm not sure where it ranks overall in height of state capilol buildings, but I know Louisiana is the tallest with 34 floors at 450 ft.

Archived