gvillenative

GSP International

That's a good increase. A lot of that may be due to the 3 new Chicago flights. But July will be the first full month with stats including those flights so I'm interested to see what it looks like. I'm sure they already have July"s stats, not sure why it takes nearly two months for them to release those. How about the cargo stats nearly doubling! I guess due to the international flights? Good growth, let's keep it up!

gman430    745
21 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

That's a good increase. A lot of that may be due to the 3 new Chicago flights. But July will be the first full month with stats including those flights so I'm interested to see what it looks like. I'm sure they already have July"s stats, not sure why it takes nearly two months for them to release those. How about the cargo stats nearly doubling! I guess due to the international flights? Good growth, let's keep it up!

Those flights didn't start until July. 

NBNY2GRNVL    30

Well of course no expert here but that seems like a really big increase. You start to do the same type of percentage increases and it gets bigger and bigger very quickly. We haven't even gotten into all the people that are going to move here with all that new housing opening up downtown. The next 12 to 24 months are going to be very interesting for the city.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

For the year we're at + 4 percent increase, but that is skewed by Jan and Feb. Not sure what happened those two months but without those we're + 6.6 percent. Just the past 3 months we are + 7.8. 

Saw where CHS is exactly twice what we were for July. They are expecting to break 4mm this year. Their growth has been tremendous of late. 

On the other hand CAE has been losing this year, and looks to just stay above 1mm. So we're double CAE and CHS is double us.

Edited by distortedlogic

Upstate Guy    1

From reading the documents that have been put on the web for today's GSP board meeting, we could possibly see more service by American. It would be nice if we could get direct service to their hub in Miami. Not only would it give direct flights to a vacation destination but would be another great "connections" opportunity.  It would also be the 6th hub of American Air that we would have direct flights to. 

I wish the airport could lure JetBlue in with 2-3 flights a day to either JFK or Boston Logan and hook us into that network. 

gman430    745
1 hour ago, Upstate Guy said:

From reading the documents that have been put on the web for today's GSP board meeting, we could possibly see more service by American. It would be nice if we could get direct service to their hub in Miami. Not only would it give direct flights to a vacation destination but would be another great "connections" opportunity.  It would also be the 6th hub of American Air that we would have direct flights to. 

I wish the airport could lure JetBlue in with 2-3 flights a day to either JFK or Boston Logan and hook us into that network. 

Yeah, the new service will be to Miami and possibly New York City if they move forward with it. Southwest might launch new service too. 

Edited by gman430

Where did you guys see that? I read through the documents and don't see anything about it. Is this conjecture?

You can go to the JetBlue site and "suggest" a new route to GSP. I've done it a couple times in the past but of course no luck...

Edited by distortedlogic

gman430    745
13 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

Where did you guys see that? I read through the documents and don't see anything about it. Is this conjecture?

You can go to the JetBlue site and "suggest" a new route to GSP. I've done it a couple times in the past but of course no luck...

Took me a while to find it too. It's on page 8 of the PDF file I posted with the traffic numbers underneath the CEO/President report. 

Ah, thanks guys, I missed that. Good to see. As we've said before, with the growth in ridership and load factors, if airlines don't add some service, there's going to be a pretty large opportunity cost at some point, and I personally think there already is.