GSP International

gvillenative

Minutes from one of their recent commission meetings said they had discussed Moxy, the upcoming airline from JetBlue' s founder. Here is an article with a little more info. Sounds like it will be all secondary markets and unique destinations for them. Could open up a lot of possibilities.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/airlines/2018/09/21/moxy-jetblue-airways-founder-will-tech-company-just-happens-fly-airplanes

I think in 2021, so a couple of years out.  I'm guessing they would be looking at a lot of markets JetBlue doesn't already serve, so I would think GSP and CAE would be good candidates. I'm sure a lot of those cities would vie to become a "focus city" and its probably a long shot, but I would like to see GSP put in a bid.

I think GSP is supposed to be releasing their new master plan sometime in Nov. I'm interested to see what that looks/sounds like.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rssgvegas said:

Looks like Frontier is quietly dropping GSP-MCO.   That route is no longer bookable after Jan 5th.   

That’s odd. They’re increasing it to four times a week according to this: https://www.google.com/amp/www.goupstate.com/news/20180808/frontier-airlines-ups-trips-from-gsp-to-orlando%3ftemplate=ampart

Edited by gman430

Well originally when they announced service they only announced TPA as seasonal and that is getting ready to start.  It'd seem odd if seasonal service to TPA wasn't during the same time as MCO, but ya never know.  Frontier is famous for announcing lots of routes and then quickly axing some though!

https://www.gspairport.com/pages/news-and-community/detail/article/c0/a51/

Their website schedule has been odd of late. I noticed before that starting in Dec. , it showed four weekly flights from GSP  to DEN  and Vegas,  but only two returning. When I tried book one, it said of wasn't available  for those dates. So not sure what's going on with their website schedule. 

BTW, just poking around  on their website, you can fly from GSP to MCO  on 12/15 for $16 ! Dang, can't even buy a pack of gum for that.

Edited by distortedlogic

Looks like AVL  is getting yet  another new destination. Nonstop to Philly on AA  starting in May. That will give them 16 destinations, closing in on GSP 's 19. A CSA  one third our size may soon have more options. Amazing what tourism can do.

4 hours ago, gman430 said:

Maybe we’re being punk’d. Talk about a confusing airline. What days do they fly again? Lol. Think I will just stick with Southwest for now. 

Dont know man, I've had good experiences with them and at 1/3 the cost!

4 hours ago, gvillenative said:

Y’all are much more resourceful folk than I. That being said, my one resource is not showing the Air Atlanta Icelandic (Germany, Mexico) cargo flights anymore. Are they seasonal? Is it just not showing all information? Or did they cease? Does anyone have any inside info?

Nope, they are still coming.  In fact one is on it's way right now and will be here in 4.5 hours!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ABD705