GSP International

gvillenative

9 hours ago, gman430 said:

Regarding Frontier: Both Orlando and Las Vegas are seasonal. Service to Tampa started today. They’re averaging around 69% passenger capacity per flight right now. 

Vino Volo coming to the Grand Hall. 

Gman, What do you mean by seasonal? Do you mean that they will not have flights to Vegas at certain times during the year? I can see Orlando being seasonal sort of, but there is nothing seasonal about Vegas. 

Edited by apaladin

21 hours ago, gman430 said:

Regarding Frontier: Both Orlando and Las Vegas are seasonal. Service to Tampa started today. They’re averaging around 69% passenger capacity per flight right now. 

Vino Volo coming to the Grand Hall. 

MCO and LAS were/are not seasonal.  Only TPA.  Frontier now has their schedule out until the end of August.   MCO is gone!  LAS goes all the way through.

4 hours ago, rssgvegas said:

MCO and LAS were/are not seasonal.  Only TPA.  Frontier now has their schedule out until the end of August.   MCO is gone!  LAS goes all the way through.

That’s not what the Greenville News says. MCO and LAS are seasonal according to them. Maybe they made TPA permanent. :dontknow: 

“Frontier also offers twice-weekly service to Denver and seasonal service to Las Vegas and Orlando.”

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.greenvilleonline.com/amp/2024982002

Edited by gman430

Maybe the Greenville News is wrong. Who knows. Wouldn’t be the first time.

Also kind of odd they would still move forward with Tampa if Orlando wasn’t successful. Allegiant is successful with Orlando. Why wasn’t Frontier? :dontknow: 

Edited by gman430

5 hours ago, gvillenative said:

Not really sure what you’re basing it off of. Just went on and looked and went all the way to August next year and still had two flights a week nonstop to MCO. What I did notice on the calendar was that February, March, and April all dates were available as opposed to the 2 days a week the rest of the months.

Woah, you’re right. They have service to MCO everyday during the months you listed on the calendar. However, you still can’t book those dates and anything after the beginning of January if you try to on their website. Incredibly odd. :wacko: 

Also, looks like Denver and Las Vegas are currently four days a week through early January then going back down to two days a week through the end of April before going back up to four days a week again at the very beginning of May. 

Edited by gman430

17 minutes ago, sptgguy said:

Maybe I missed it...but I looked at that calendar off and on over the past month and I swear it didn't look like that the last time I checked it out. 

Tell me about it. Thing flip flops more than a fish out of water. Looks like you can start booking GSP-MCO again starting on May 3rd, 2019 after stopping January 5th, 2019. This totally goes  against what their calendar says though. Talk about a confusing mess. Think I will stick with Southwest. LOL. 

Edited by gman430

Looks like it will be beyond Garage B, where the current surface lot is (see below).  It appears to be mostly for rental cars: the first 3 floors are for that, with the top 2 for public parking.  As for timeline, I don't know if there's a firm construction date, as this is just an RFQ.  Page 5 of the PDF shows the bid timeline, and shows final bids as being due March 4, 2019.

1055221619_gspdeck.JPG.3f9a6d81e3f5d2ec4a947fd4d6cac7df.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 12:13 AM, distortedlogic said:

Cool, that brings the yearly total to 1,670,935 through 9 months, or +8.27% . Solid growth so far. 

October saw a 7.2% growth to 230,889, beating last October's all-time monthly record for any month.

Ten month total at 1,901,824 for an 8.16% growth rate. So far 143,612 more people have used the airport than last year.

• Like 2

GSP chose to pursue nonstop flights to Miami because data from the state Department of Transportation indicated there was enough traffic between the two airports to make it worthwhile, Edwards said. The first nonstop flight took off Wednesday evening, and Edwards said the service is already exceeding expectations.

“We get that data anecdotally through the airline and they said the advanced bookings were way ahead of the normal bookings curve,” he said. “So what that tells us is that the community is responding very well to this.”

“We’re talking to United about Denver service on a daily basis,” he said. “We’re talking to carriers about Boston service nonstop. We’re talking to Air Canada and other carriers about Canada service to Toronto and beyond Toronto. So there are markets like that, that are out here today, that we’re still trying to tap.”

Source: https://www.goupstate.com/news/20181219/gsp-now-offering-nonstop-flights-to-miami

Edited by gman430
  • Like 4

Pretty cool that they are seeking Boston, Canada and daily nonstop to Denver. I still would love to see Seattle on the list of places they are looking at. I’ve flown that route enough times to know it could be a viable option. Every flight I have been on to Seattle had a lot of people I saw from my flights to and from GSP. 

3 hours ago, Jet-set said:

:tw_bawling:  76 pages?? Is there anything in there?

• Nov passenger numbers up 13% to 220k vs 194k in 2017.
  • Frontier load factors at 78% for Nov, not too bad. 
  • Overall load factors down a tick to 81% , but keep in mind this absorbing lots of extra seats.
  • Year to date passenger numbers up 8.6%
  • Past four months passenger increases of 12.5, 10.8, 7.2, and 13 percent from a year ago. Not bad.