GSP International

gvillenative

14 hours ago, gman430 said:

Does GSP count the Clemson Tigers football team traveling to and from the airport on Delta as part of their passenger statistics? 

It is counted. Not sure though if it’s counted with their charter statistics, or with Delta seeing as how the university is chartering the flight instead of it being a scheduled Delta flight.

• Thanks 1

I thought about something today and wondered if maybe the airlines, even though it was just a small cross section and for a specific event, looked at the numbers to the 3 different airports they used this last week to judge the feasibility of adding flights to the Bay Area. I mean, United had a flight to San Francisco, Delta did a handful of flights to San Jose, and Southwest did Oakland. They filled up 2 767’s, a few 757’s, and a handful of 737’s. I counted a total of at least 10 flights out there and 10 back with nothing smaller than a 737. Before comments are made, just remember what I’ve said before, every flight I’ve been on to the west coast has had a good amount of people on it that I boarded with at GSP. Interesting thought to say the least.

Yeah. That’s what I was saying. Since it was for a specific event they probably wouldn’t. However, I believe they should consider west coast flights before they add more Florida routes or east coast i.e. Boston. Would be pretty legit if they followed Charleston’s example and land Alaska. Granted there is enough traffic between Charleston and Everett to justify a flight to Seattle, I just think either California or Pacific Northwest have great potential to work out of GSP. The 787 business helped land an international flight from Heathrow to Chucktown. Wondering also if there is enough international travel between GSP and Europe to warrant a flight to say Frankfurt am Main or Munich (Been I’m quite a few of those as well and almost the same as my flights to Seattle). Being situated between two major hubs woth connections to just about everywhere is what hurts GSP. Charleston doesn’t really have that competition. I guess they are holding their own with what they can do, but I guess the traveler in me just wants to be able to hop on a plane and hop off at my final destination without a stop in between without having to go 100-150 miles to do so.

Edited by gvillenative

1 hour ago, gvillenative said:

It appears as though the story mentioned in November is correct. The only flights out of GSP on Frontier this month have been DEN and TPA. So, then begs the question. When do these seasonal flights to LAS and MCO pick back up?

Beginning of May. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

American Airlines seems to have eliminated Saturday afternoon flights between CLT and GSP.  Nothing between noon and around 7pm now.

Direct DCA-GSP flights now seem gone on Saturdays.

WTF?

Saturdays have low demand as does January and February.   Put them together and you get your answer.   There aren't a lot of PM flights as a whole from GSP on Saturdays compared to the rest of the week.

4 hours ago, rssgvegas said:

Saturdays have low demand as does January and February.   Put them together and you get your answer.   There aren't a lot of PM flights as a whole from GSP on Saturdays compared to the rest of the week.

The flights are there in January and February.  Later, though, they're not--including May 2019 and October 2019.

Over 7 hours between flights from CLT on Saturdays, and nothing direct to DC on Saturdays--I'll be driving to Charlotte.  So much for Project Wingspan. 

3 hours ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

The flights are there in January and February.  Later, though, they're not--including May 2019 and October 2019.

Over 7 hours between flights from CLT on Saturdays, and nothing direct to DC on Saturdays--I'll be driving to Charlotte.  So much for Project Wingspan. 

Airlines only finalize their schedules 2 or 3 months out so that is likely to change

On 1/22/2019 at 11:56 AM, apaladin said:

Planning on a trip to Denver in June. For those of you that have flown Frontier would you recommend them? The flights are cheap. What are the hidden costs such as luggage? Thanks!

On 10/13/2018 at 12:15 AM, distortedlogic said:

I've flown a couple of times with them, not from GSP, but from ATL to CA. I've had good experiences with them. You cannot beat the prices- I took a family of four nonstop to CA for a total of $813! That included paying for one checked bag each way and $50 to sign up for the special "den" membership which saved a couple hundred dollars. They charge for "carry ons", but that is only if you're using the overhead bins. Every passenger gets a free "personal item" , aka carry on, as long as it fits under the seat in front of you; think laptop, medium backpack, large camera bag, etc. You have to pay for their snacks, but you can bring as many with you as you want. You can pay to pick your seat, but I have never done that and they seated us together. But even if you wanted to pay for all that it's still way cheaper.  Planes hold about 175, pretty good leg room, no problems for me. I'm a fan. I also receive their emails and they are constantly running sales and last minute deals with huge discounts on already low fares. 

Apaladin, here is a previous post from me. I'm a big fan, especially if money is a factor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

“Brown said the GSP team is always in discussion with airlines to explore new service from the airport and they expect to have additional flight announcements in the coming months. 

Source: https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/2019/03/04/gsp-direct-flights-greenville-spartanburg-international-airport/3027712002/

I had been looking at the Denver flights for a couple of weeks and wondered what happened. I was looking at a Saturday departure but they changed it from 1:30PM to 7:30PM so I booked the Friday night flight with a Wednesday return. I went ahead and bought one of their packages that included the luggage charges, seat assignments etc. The price for the flight was great but the package deal I bought almost doubled the overall cost. Still well under $600 for 2 but now I am thinking I should have just waited about the package deal thingy.