GSP International

gvillenative

BTW, are we sure the number for MYB is correct? I was browsing on their website and saw where they were predicting about 800k passengers for the year. Could they really have doubled thier goal, or did I miss something?

Yep, number is correct. But they didn't double their goal.

You were looking at their goal for inbound passengers, which they passed by 39,000.

Look at this article and scroll to "current news"......839,450 inbound and 844,373 outbound.......total: 1,683,823.

http://www.funbeaches.com/mbairport.html

• 3 weeks later...

I just flew in fron Cleveland this morning and in the terminal in Cleveland the lady at the gate kept announcing that they were now boarding for GreenSville! UGHHHH!! Over and over. It wasn't a direct jetway, we had to walk down and out and another lady was directing people to their were proper flights, as more than one was in the same area. As I was walking towards the plane another lady stated/asked, "GreenSville?". I had finally had enough and although I was pretty ticked off inside, I replied with a smile, "There's no S, it's Greenville". She didn;t even get it though, she just smiled and said, "Oh, okay". I mean what if I called her town Clevelands?

Sadly this is not unusual. I think Greensboro's larger and busier airport is just more well known.

I'm curious guys, with Greensboro getting all the airport developments over the past few years, is it purley a leadership thing? Does GSP need a change in leadership? I know it has been marketing for sometime, but it does not seem to be paying of like things have for PTI?

I just flew in today from Philly to Greensboro/ Spartansburg. Really didnt care how they announced I've been trying to get home since 4 yesterday afternoon. Was just glad we finnaly got home.

Wow thats not even kind of close. Do pilots not have a computer screen or something that has this information on there?

Yeah, I'd still like to see Southwest come in to GSP. I still happily fly on Southwest, too. One problem at this point that can even be plausibly tied to maintenance, and Southwest will face probably billions of dollars in lawsuits (or just one lawsuit) and that'll be the end of the company. They know that. I know that. I'm pretty happy to fly with them. More options at GSP is definitely a good thing.

Now what I really want is for American Eagle to declare GSP a new domicile for pilots so I won't have to commute to Miami...

• 3 weeks later...

Either Allegiant is really doing well out of GSP, or they just haven't got around to cutting us yet. All Allegiant flights out of GSP are still operating, but look at this article. Allegiant is pulling out of the Greensboro/Winston-Salem market and the Huntsville market, as well as cutting flights in several other markets.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local_state/a...29&catid=57

Either Allegiant is really doing well out of GSP, or they just haven't got around to cutting us yet. All Allegiant flights out of GSP are still operating, but look at this article. Allegiant is pulling out of the Greensboro/Winston-Salem market and the Huntsville market, as well as cutting flights in several other markets.

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local_state/a...29&catid=57

Fingers crossed on this one! :o

Some of us had thrown around the Skybus name on our wish list. Be glad all wishes don't come. Skybus is ceasing operations......total systemwide shutdown.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/local/story.aspx?...3a-113c26d89dd6

Wow! That's the second or third airline to shut down operations this week. Fuel costs are causing more than just drivers to hit hard times. I'm glad I work from home.

And with Allegiant pulling out of many markets, I'm afraid that its days at GSP may be few. Lets keep up hope though!

If their performance at GSP is any indication, they won't be leaving anytime soon. Based on what I have heard, their flights into and out of GSP are usually full or nearly full.

Good.

BTW, I have yet to see the Minneapolis flight on their website. Did it fall through, have they done a very poor job advertising, or has it not started yet? :dontknow:

Hasn't started yet. Northwest Airlines GSP to Minneapolis nonstop starts on May 2.

Delta and Northwest could officially announce their merger this week.....things seem to have progressed very quickly.

We should be prepared if this merger goes through to see some loss of service. This will not be just a Greenville thing....hundreds of cities nationwide will see reduced service as current overlapping service between the two airlines are reduced and hubs are consolidated.

From talking with airline employees, the following seems to be the expected fallout.

Delta currently operates the following hubs:

Atlanta - This will remain and be the headquarters of the merged airline.

Cincinnati - This hub will go away, with the Midwest hub focus shifting to the current NWA Detroit hub.

Salt Lake City - This hub will remain.

NWA currently operates the following hubs:

Memphis - This hub will go away, with the Southeast hub focus shifting to the current Delta Atlanta hub.

Detroit - This hub will remain, taking over from Cincinnati as the Midwest hub.

Minnepolis - As this is the current NWA headquarters, it's future is in question. Most think NWA managment will require some clause to keep this as a hub, even with the proximity to Detroit. Headquarters will leave for Atlanta.

So, to sum up, speculation is that the new merged airline would operate the following hubs:

Atlanta - Headquarters and world hub.

Detroit - Major Hub

Salt lake City - Major Hub

Minneapolis - Hub...possibly....size unknown.

With that said, GSP currently has flights to the following hubs Atlanta, Cincinnati, Memphis, Detroit, Minneapolis (to start in May). Expect us to lose Cincinnati and Memphis at least. Nonstop service to LGA and MCO on Delta should remain as those are healthy revenue generating, non hub routes.

This is all speculation, but fairly accurate speculation from the airline employees I've spoken with.

Thanks for the heads up. That would be disapoointing for us to lose flights. It would be a pretty significant number of daily flights lost if that turns out to be accurate (Memphis and Cinci). Anyone heard anything more on the ongoing quest to bring in another low fare carrier? Jetblue, Southwest, and Airtran continue to expand, I still do not understand why a low fare carrier would not be fighting to get in GSP. :dontknow: