GSP International

gvillenative

Would be nice. I think about that when in Dallas. How does a system like Palmetto Pass hook up with EZ Pass?

Off Topic, but the only thing that I can think of is to take my FastLane / EZ Pass transponder and see if I can open an account with the Southern Connector and GSP and Dallas North, etc... if the serial number takes, then it should be as simple as that. I know the Connector and FastLane transponders are the same Window mounted ones, but we also have front plate mounted ones now too.

Off Topic, but the only thing that I can think of is to take my FastLane / EZ Pass transponder and see if I can open an account with the Southern Connector and GSP and Dallas North, etc... if the serial number takes, then it should be as simple as that. I know the Connector and FastLane transponders are the same Window mounted ones, but we also have front plate mounted ones now too.

In FL, SunPass and EZPass work in conjunction. Seems Palmetto Pass could do that.

Just flew back in and the temporary construction wall is now up in front of the soon to be Southwest ticket counter area. Southwest will be adjacent to the east escalators, beside the Allegiant counter. In judging the space, looks like Southwest by far will have the most ticket counter space.....almost double the length of Delta's space. Southwest is definitely staking their claim. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 5 weeks later...

OK, Citylife or any other good UP detective.....any news on this?

I hear rumors that another low cost carrier will announce Tuesday they are coming to GSP. This is on top of Allegiant and Southwest. Other wbsites are discussing this.....apparently a news feed from one of the local TV stations just had the story. I can't find anything on it.

Is this true. Can GSP really be getting ANOTHER airline on top of the Southwest addition?????? Citylife?

OK, Citylife or any other good UP detective.....any news on this?

I hear rumors that another low cost carrier will announce Tuesday they are coming to GSP. This is on top of Allegiant and Southwest. Other wbsites are discussing this.....apparently a news feed from one of the local TV stations just had the story. I can't find anything on it.

Is this true. Can GSP really be getting ANOTHER airline on top of the Southwest addition?????? Citylife?

In reply to my own post, I think it may be Vision Airlines....a fairly new airline that is about to announce a MASSIVE expansion:

From the below article:

The airline plans to announce several new destinations in the Southeast that it will offer service to later this month.

“This is going to be the largest expansion and announcement of scheduled service since 1999,” Meek said. “This is a very big national story that’s going to take place next week and it’s right there in Destin and the Emerald Coast.”

http://www.thedestinlog.com/news/flights-16413-airlines-vision.html

In reply to my own post, I think it may be Vision Airlines....a fairly new airline that is about to announce a MASSIVE expansion:

From the below article:

The airline plans to announce several new destinations in the Southeast that it will offer service to later this month.

“This is going to be the largest expansion and announcement of scheduled service since 1999,” Meek said. “This is a very big national story that’s going to take place next week and it’s right there in Destin and the Emerald Coast.”

GSP Airport also Twittered that an announcement will come this week on an additional airline. GSP seems to be on fire. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Let me preface by saying this is great news. Now I will let my pessimistic side take over for a second. If they decide they are going to fly the Dorniers out of GSP, then they will have already lost my bussiness. I will never willing get on another rattle trap, puddle jumping, prop job again in my life. Secondly dont you think we have enough flights to Florida? Probably not, but I do. Make it interesting for once service with 737s take us out west maybe Vegas via North Vegas and I dont a flight to LV from NLV, but I digress. In conclusion GREAT NEWS, just one request SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN FLORIDA, I love Florida but when I get back to the States and go on my vacation Im going west everytime. Think about us sometimes too, please. Thank you, keep up the great work.

Edited by gvillenative

From the below article:

The list of cities Vision will serve with this expansion:

http://www.visionairlines.com/airport-information-airport-gsp.html

Vision is following the Allegiant model.....flying certain days a week to a focus city / vacation destination. Our Vision flight will be to Destin, Florida, a new location for GSP and joins Allegiants Punta Gorda, Tampa/St.Pete, Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale nonstops. The flights will be on 737's which now brings a total of 4 airlines flying mainline planes into GSP (Vision, Delta, Southwest, Allegiant).

Flight schedule:

http://www.visionairlines.com/pdf/Vision%20Airlines%20Flight%20Schedule%2001-16-2011.pdf

Vision route map:

http://www.visionairlines.com/route-map.html

This was posted by somebody on airliners.net in regards to GSP-ATL Delta Airlines service:

Currently GSP-ATL has 10 CRJ 100/200 and 1 CRJ 900 per day (576 seats)

For the summer-

4 CRJ 100/200

2 CRJ 700

2 CRJ 900

3 MD-88

Same number of frequencies (11x/day), but the seat count is up to 918.

The Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport identified its top choice to manage the $99 million terminal expansion and renovation project set to break ground in 2012. The airport began accepting applications for a project manager in November. Twelve companies submitted bids for the project, and the airport narrowed the list to four for interviews. In the end a team consisting of CH2M Hill, Jacobs Engineering and Avcon Inc. was selected. :tough: Oh and I think you all will want to see this video below. Do not be alarmed by the missing stone, wood, etc. They are still slated to be included. This is just a basic layout of the expanded/renovated terminal:

Edited by citylife

So glad to see the right side parking deck will have new terminal facilities in front.....it has always felt lonely to me.....sitting to the side the way it does. Great video for showing the general outline. Looking forward to more firm details on the materials....wood, stone, glass, etc.

The VP of Southwest Airlines also spoke at ICAR yesterday morning. :thumbsup: Speaking of Southwest Airlines, they will feature Upstate SC in the May 2011 issue of its Spirit magazine, the in-flight magazine of the low-fare airline. With more than 20 pages in the editorial feature, entitled Meet: The Upstate of South Carolina, the magazine has the potential to reach more than eight million business and leisure travelers on more than 3,400 daily flights to more than 65 cities in 33 states. In addition to being featured in the May issue the editorial will also be available for one year on Spirit Magazine’s Website, spiritmag.com.

Edited by citylife

• 3 weeks later...

An update on Southwest. One thing I found interesting, Southwest will use gates A3 and A4 which are midway down the A Concourse. I had always assumed with gates 8 and 9 being added at the end of the concourse recently, they would operate from those gates. Looks like some airline juggling went on with A Concourse gates.

Article:

http://www.wyff4.com/news/27055901/detail.html

An update on Southwest. One thing I found interesting, Southwest will use gates A3 and A4 which are midway down the A Concourse. I had always assumed with gates 8 and 9 being added at the end of the concourse recently, they would operate from those gates. Looks like some airline juggling went on with A Concourse gates.

Article:

http://www.wyff4.com/news/27055901/detail.html

American has changed concourses and is now located on Conourse B with Delta. American uses gate B1. Concourse A has USAirways, Southwest, United/Continental, Allegiant, Vision

American has changed concourses and is now located on Conourse B with Delta. American uses gate B1. Concourse A has USAirways, Southwest, United/Continental, Allegiant, Vision

Question is, will AMR as well as the other legacy carriers be using larger jets now? I booked a flight back to GSP on DL on an A319 from ATL.

Question is, will AMR as well as the other legacy carriers be using larger jets now? I booked a flight back to GSP on DL on an A319 from ATL.

Delta certainly is. I'm on an A319 flight coming home Sunday evening. Starting in April, Delta has 1 - A319 / 2 - MD88's / 2 or 3 900's which they treat as mainline. Of course Allegiant and Vision are both mainline. Southwest will be mainline. I doubt Amercian will convert, just not strong enough in the Southeast market (Miami not included). United/Continental, who knows....they are a corporate mess at the moment. USAirways, I could see dropping in one or two mainlines to Philly or National, but Charlotte of course IMO would stay regional due to the short hop.

Delta certainly is. I'm on an A319 flight coming home Sunday evening. Starting in April, Delta has 1 - A319 / 2 - MD88's / 2 or 3 900's which they treat as mainline. Of course Allegiant and Vision are both mainline. Southwest will be mainline. I doubt American will convert, just not strong enough in the Southeast market (Miami not included). United/Continental, who knows....they are a corporate mess at the moment. USAirways, I could see dropping in one or two mainlines to Philly or National, but Charlotte of course IMO would stay regional due to the short hop.

That's really good to hear. With all the changes going on in GSP and the Upstate in general things are really looking up. I can't wait to have higher traffic and lower fares into GSP.