GSP International

gvillenative

• 2 weeks later...

I won’t be able to make it because I’m living in Savannah right now. However, I would like to see a couple things addressed. Namely if the projections are on track or even slightly off from the original projection have they started the planning on the second runway. The original master plan predicted it could reach capacity by 2020. The second one is a more long range thought that I don’t see addressed is, they are planning linear expansion of the terminal north and south. What is the plan for future expansion beyond that. Seems like with the way they are planning the current footprint is going to be crowded and leave no room for expansion. What would be their idea for the location of a new satellite concourse in the long range future. Far from capacity at the moment, but still forward thinking for when it does and they need to expand the terminals past the current footprint.

22 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Interesting that they didn't  mention the 4/week  for Denver and Vegas starting in Nov. The last couple of times I looked at their flight schedules from GSP it certainly looked like they were offering the Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat  schedule to those locations as well starting on Nov.  Wonder if that is incorrect? Good to see nonetheless!

14 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

Interesting that they didn't  mention the 4/week  for Denver and Vegas starting in Nov. The last couple of times I looked at their flight schedules from GSP it certainly looked like they were offering the Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat  schedule to those locations as well starting on Nov.  Wonder if that is incorrect? Good to see nonetheless!

I was wondering the same thing. Either it’s incorrect or they’re just seasonal. :dontknow: 

4 hours ago, apaladin said:

Channel 4 mentioned the increase in service to Orlando last night but nothing else.

Interesting.. then either we're wrong in inferring from the website, or they just haven't announced it yet. Not sure why they would not announce those additions at the same time, but I also don't know they'd have it on the ticket calendar if it's not accurate?

Just looked up a flight using the monthly view format, the flight to Den definitely switches from the Wed/Fri schedule to Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat in mid Nov. The return flights switch from Wed/Sat to Mon/Fri but remain just twice a week.

Looks like better times, now leaving GSP on 11/26 at 4:03, and leaving DEN on 11/30 at 10:15am  (instead of like a redeye like before). BTW, says only one seat remaining for the 11/26 flight.

Also, doesn't show the Orlando change on there yet!

Edited by distortedlogic

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

GSP saw June passenger growth of nearly 15k , or 7.6% to a total of 204,343. For the first half of the year it has seen a growth of 7.1%, or plus roughly 70k. Should end  in the 2.3- 2.4 MM range for the year.

It will probably be more than that due to Frontier starting service, Delta expanding service to New York City, and American adding service to Miami. 

Edited by gman430

• 2 weeks later...