GSP International

gvillenative

• 2 weeks later...

6 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Feb numbers finally out. Up 15.8%, from 145k last Feb to 168k.  For the year so far, numbers up 16.3% or plus almost 50k! 2.5 MM a good bet. 

Not bad but we can still do better. I won’t be fully happy until we get JetBlue.

• 3 weeks later...

Starting today, Frontier Airlines doubles the number of flights between Denver and Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP). Twice-weekly nonstop flights will increase to four times a week. 

The airline’s seasonal nonstop service to Las Vegas and Orlando also resumes today. Las Vegas and Orlando flights to and from GSP will operate each week on Monday and Friday.  

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 8:00 AM, motonenterprises said:

Dug a little deeper and found out it's a cargo plane.

Best app I’ve found so far for flight tracking is Flightradar24.  You can add an airline logo overlay.  That Laredo flight is weekly I think.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gman430 said:

Where is JetBlue? :angry: I want my Boston flights gosh darn it.

After flying to Boston originating out of GSP a few weeks ago I definitely agree. The one stop wasn't bad, but it would be nice to fly right in. I'll be flying from GSP direct to Miami next month. Glad they added that.

On 5/6/2019 at 2:09 AM, gman430 said:

Where is JetBlue? :angry: I want my Boston flights gosh darn it.

Cant see them adding a major airline that only has one route to and from GSP, but who knows. Would be AA or Delta 

I have great status with AA from flying to Boston 3x a month. At this point I would take any carrier direct and start over with points. 

• 2 weeks later...

The thing that caught my eye was it said “current growth challenges inside the terminal resulting from enplanements outpacing forecasts, airlines up gauging equipment, additional frequencies, and new service announcements.”

Does this mean Wingspan was not effective in addressing this possibility of bigger aircraft and more destinations? Or does it mean that GSP is like the SCDOT whereas they build for now and expand when it’s gridlocked instead of building out before it gets bad to match future growth projections?

9 hours ago, gvillenative said:

The thing that caught my eye was it said “current growth challenges inside the from forecasts, airlines up gauging equipment, additional frequencies, and new service announcements.”

Does this mean Wingspan was not effective in addressing this possibility of bigger aircraft and more destinations? Or does it mean that GSP is like the SCDOT whereas they build for now and expand when it’s gridlocked instead of building out before it gets bad to match future growth projections?

I don't think Wingspan was ineffective. The airport is more efficient in how it handles the passengers that come through it. The passenger traffic flow in the building is (IMO) 1000X better and it's easier to get around the building. Also the building in general needed a major facelift and updated facilities such as bathrooms and retail/dining options. What I see is that GSP based all of this on previous year's growth and a forecast that we have been blowing past. I don't think anyone really anticipated the growth the airport has had over the past three-five years.  I think Wingspan did miss an opportunity to add more gates  while the construction was already causing headaches. 

Flew Frontier for the first time Friday evening non-stop to Denver. They also had a non-stop flight to Las Vegas Friday night. Didn't realize Frontier was flying larger planes out of Greenville. We were on an A320 Airbus. What was really surprising is the plane was completely full. If this is any indication Frontier is here to stay. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, apaladin said:

Flew Frontier for the first time Friday evening non-stop to Denver. They also had a non-stop flight to Las Vegas Friday night. Didn't realize Frontier was flying larger planes out of Greenville. We were on an A320 Airbus. What was really surprising is the plane was completely full. If this is any indication Frontier is here to stay. 

Excellent to hear. While they don't generally provide multiple daily flights to the same location, they  often provide first access to many new locations a few times a week, that an airport otherwise would not have (and at great prices too!) As Iv'e said before, if our area supports them, they will add more destinations, especially to places other airlines will not venture.