GSP International

gvillenative

• 3 weeks later...

For July 2019, passenger traffic was strong with a 16.8% increase over the same month in 2018. Cargo numbers for July 2019 were up at 8.5% for the same period. Passenger load factors were down at an average of 84.1%. 238,307 passengers in July 2019 vs 204,013 passengers in July 2018. This is the most number of passengers GSP has EVER had in any month since opening. Frontier Airlines has a 86% load factor by the way.

Parking Garage C & CONRAC Facility:
Status – Design Phase
Project Budget – $40,000,000 Estimated Completion Date – 2022
This project includes the design and construction of a new combined public parking and rental car ready/return garage. The design team is led by LS3P. The design team is currently working on wrapping up the design phase and a final construction cost estimate will be prepared after preliminary permit review is completed by Spartanburg County. The advance package for the roadways and utilities enabling work is being bid by the design-assist contractor with the surface parking expansion program. An agreement has been finalized with Metromont Corporation for precast design/build services. Metromont’s contract will ultimately be assigned to the general contractor selected for the garage. Construction of the parking garage is expected to start late summer 2020 and be completed in 2022.

Edited by gman430

28 minutes ago, gman430 said:

For July 2019, passenger traffic was strong with a 16.8% increase over the same month in 2018. Cargo numbers for July 2019 were up at 8.5% for the same period. Passenger load factors were down at an average of 84.1%. 238,307 passengers in July 2019 vs 204,013 passengers in July 2018. This is the most number of passengers GSP has EVER had in any month since opening. Frontier Airlines has a 86% load factor by the way.

Parking Garage C & CONRAC Facility:
Status – Design Phase
Project Budget – $40,000,000 Estimated Completion Date – 2022
This project includes the design and construction of a new combined public parking and rental car ready/return garage. The design team is led by LS3P. The design team is currently working on wrapping up the design phase and a final construction cost estimate will be prepared after preliminary permit review is completed by Spartanburg County. The advance package for the roadways and utilities enabling work is being bid by the design-assist contractor with the surface parking expansion program. An agreement has been finalized with Metromont Corporation for precast design/build services. Metromont’s contract will ultimately be assigned to the general contractor selected for the garage. Construction of the parking garage is expected to start late summer 2020 and be completed in 2022.

Can you remind me of where garage C is going in relation to A & B?

LS3P has done a lot of the work at Charlotte-Douglas, including their parking facilities. 

I'm still waiting on that personal transport system to be constructed. 

8 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

Can you remind me of where garage C is going in relation to A & B?

LS3P has done a lot of the work at Charlotte-Douglas, including their parking facilities. 

I'm still waiting on that personal transport system to be constructed. 

It’s going where you see the daily parking in orange next to garage B in the below pic. You can see renderings and site plans for the garage here: https://www.gspairport.com/site/user/files/1/GSP-Parking-Garage-C-PreCastDesignBuild-RFQ.pdf

4A856BD8-5BB1-400C-BE2C-6C512D9528AC.png

Edited by gman430

11 minutes ago, gman430 said:

It’s going where you see the daily parking in orange next to garage B in the below pic. You can see renderings and site plans for the garage here: https://www.gspairport.com/site/user/files/1/GSP-Parking-Garage-C-PreCastDesignBuild-RFQ.pdf

Thanks, gman! This is a large garage -- I don't think I had seen renderings before. The precast portion is rather boring (as to be expected), but the airport facing side looks nice. 

4 hours ago, gman430 said:

Thanks for posting, where did you find this? 

Another good month of growth, I suspect we'll break the 230k mark in August, October, and November. July beat this June for the all-time record, and August could very well beat July. October is usually our busiest month, and we should break 250k (maybe 260k) this year. We'll also break 200k every month of the year except Jan and Feb, which are always our slowest. 

Sounds like pretty good load factors considering all the new service over last July. Good to see Frontier numbers that high, I think word is getting out about them.  With numbers that high, I'd look for additional routes sometime soon. 

:thumbsup:

Edited by distortedlogic

13 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Thanks for posting, where did you find this? 

Another good month of growth, I suspect we'll break the 230k mark in August, October, and November. July beat this June for the all-time record, and August could very well beat July. October is usually our busiest month, and we should break 250k (maybe 260k) this year. We'll also break 200k every month of the year except Jan and Feb, which are always our slowest. 

Sounds like pretty good load factors considering all the new service over last July. Good to see Frontier numbers that high, I think word is getting out about them.  With numbers that high, I'd look for additional routes sometime soon. 

:thumbsup:

It’s on their pdf file for the September 9th agenda. Lots of good info: https://www.gspairport.com/site/user/files/1/GSP-Commission-Package-September-2019.pdf With Southwest starting daily service to Baltimore in November I fully expect passenger numbers to continue to increase. 

Edited by gman430

8 minutes ago, gman430 said:

It’s on their pdf file for the September 9th agenda. Lots of good info: https://www.gspairport.com/site/user/files/1/GSP-Commission-Package-September-2019.pdf With Southwest starting daily service to Baltimore in November I fully expect passenger numbers to continue to increase. 

Cool, I thought the details only came out after the meeting. How many daily  flights is that Baltimore route? 

17 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Cool, I thought the details only came out after the meeting. How many daily  flights is that Baltimore route? 

Looks like just one as of right now. One from GSP-BWI and one from BWI-GSP.

Edited by gman430

9 hours ago, gman430 said:

Just adding in:

Current year to date passengers is at 1.47MM, which is 200k more than last year. The past 12 months, or moving year, is 2.517 MM which is 300k greater than moving year last July.

Overall load factors are down jut 3.4%, but then more than 24,000 enplanement seats have been added, and enplanements have increased by 17,000. 

5 hours ago, gman430 said:

Looks like just one as of right now. One from GSP-BWI and one from BWI-GSP.

So that will be a couple hundred extra passengers per day. 

• 2 weeks later...

As usual, GSP is five years too late on a new garage and economy lot: https://gsabusiness.com/news/aerospace/77162/ All of the economy lots and garage A are full.  And if you think it’s bad now, just wait until Southwest starts their daily service to Baltimore in November. Yikes.

Edited by gman430

4 minutes ago, gman430 said:

As usual, GSP is five years too late on a new garage and economy lot: https://gsabusiness.com/news/aerospace/77162/ All of the economy lots and garage A are full. 

We flew out of GSP last week.....surprised how busy it was . American  needs to use more larger planes to Charlotte...the Eagle plane is too small....flights are packed and many on standby. GSP is a very nice airport now  :tw_grin:

I've noticed the parking notice on the website recently as well. 

August numbers should be released soon. 

Looks like Oct 2017 was the first month GSP ever surpassed 200k (215k).  It then happened 5 months in 2018; June, July, Aug, Oct, Nov, with Sept and Dec just missing. 

Looks like we'll surpass 200k every month this year except Jan and Feb. 

13 minutes ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

Country music was playing over the airport’s sound system recently.  Maybe GSP can also raise a Confederate battle flag out front, if that’s the demographic that the airport is trying to attract?

Stereotype much? This is a ridiculous statement. Thanks for wasting my time reading your post. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PuppiesandKittens said:

Country music was playing over the airport’s sound system recently.  Maybe GSP can also raise a Confederate battle flag out front, if that’s the demographic that the airport is trying to attract?

What a terrible post. It doesn’t even deserve a rebuttal. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

What a terrible post. It doesn’t even deserve a rebuttal. 

I’m sticking by it. Country music is favored by the less-educated and lower-income, and it’s appalling that a gateway to Greenville includes it as one of the first things that visitors experience.  A Confederate flag at the airport would send the same signal.