GSP International

gvillenative

9 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

If you click on "destinations" tab in the first link and scroll down it says new route 10/27/19.  Announcement tomorrow? :dontknow:

Announcement on a Sunday? I doubt that. Nothing from GSP either. Do you know when Delta announces their new schedule? 

Edited by gman430

4 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Announcement on a Sunday? I doubt that. Do you know when Delta announces their new schedule? 

No, but I thought Sunday would be odd as well. 

Also, If you scroll down to "Type aircraft form GSP" and click on "Bombardier CRJ" it highlights the Boston route along with other routes for that aircraft family. 

Who knows, I would be surprised if something is added without a facebook or twitter tease, but...

34 minutes ago, Westend11 said:

Just confirmed with my buddy who is a Delta pilot. That means it’s being added!

I fly up there nearly every week. Going to change my life not having to connect now.

thats a lot of hours I get at home now, instead of sitting at CLT 

Hate to disappoint but GSP messaged me back and said there is no upcoming service scheduled for Boston and that this is simply a charter flight for Boston College due to the Clemson game. :( The team will be flying back tomorrow. That’s why it says 10-27-2019 on the schedule. 

Edited by gman430

24 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Hate to disappoint but GSP messaged me back and said there is no upcoming service scheduled for Boston and that this is simply a charter flight for Boston College due to the Clemson game. :( The team will be flying back tomorrow. That’s why it says 10-27-2019 on the schedule. 

Yup. He says that would make sense.

what a buzzkill 

On 10/23/2019 at 12:13 AM, distortedlogic said:

I didn't think there were many small regional jets still flying out of GSP, but here's an article from GSA saying United will be upgrading some of their flights that use them with new Bombardier CRJ 550 planes. Looks like some good features for flights to its Newark hub.

https://gsabusiness.com/news/transportation/77331/

Not sure why they focused on EWR, but United will actually first start flying the CRJ550 out of GSP to ORD on Dec 18th.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 10:54 PM, distortedlogic said:

August numbers show a 10% increase over last August with 229,474 passengers coming through. For the first 8 months of the year 1,696, 389 passengers have used GSP, which is roughly 220k more than the same period last year, or a 15% increase. :thumbsup:

https://www.gspairport.com/c0/august-passenger-statistics/

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

GSP is celebrating a record-breaking year! With the arrival of American Airline flight 5563 from PHL,  so far over 2,317,985 passengers have flown through GSP in 2019. 

Sooo much blue everywhere. :cry:

Well they never released Sept or Oct numbers but based on these I guess 621,596 have used the airport since the end of Sept. That's 207k per month with 10 days still to go in Nov.; which based on the number of passengers/day since then, would add an additional 76,740 by the end of Nov, or a total of 2,394,725 (and 698,336 for the three month total or 232,779/month).  That should bring us to about 2.62 MM for the year with a Dec estimate included! 

2 minutes ago, motonenterprises said:

Can anyone tell me what they are building in the parking lot near what is or used to be Stevens Aviation? This used to be my plane watching spot, now it's blocked off with construction equipment on site.

New fire department I believe. The old one will be torn down to make way for a new control tower in the future. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

1. Airport District Staff has been examining the feasibility of a terminal building hotel site directly adjacent to Concourse B. This would facilitate not only a convenient hotel location for travelers but also conference room space too.

Staff has completed two different site layouts that are situated on the current valet parking area. These layouts will be reviewed at the meeting.

Staff has had preliminary meetings with eight separate hotel developers that already have hotel facilities in the area or that have expressed an interest in expanding into the region. All of them have voiced an interest in the terminal building site and are excited about the potential opportunity.

Staff intends to proceed with issuing a Request for Proposals, subject to receiving feedback from the Airport Commission.

2. Through the completion of the Wingspan terminal building renovation project, the Grand Hall has two approximately 400 square foot alcoves located at the north and south ends of this public space.

As a part of the design process for Wingspan, the Airport Commission had identified the northern alcove for an exhibit area outlining the rich history of the Airport. This is located adjacent to the MAG Escape Lounge.

Airport District staff has contracted with Jack Porter of Greenville to develop schematic design of this history exhibit. Staff presented various design concepts at the Airport Commission Meeting on June 24, 2019.

Based on feedback from the Airport Commission, Staff has incorporated all the desired design elements into a single concept with Jack Porter. The final schematic design concept will be presented for consensus by the Airport Commission. Staff will then move forward with completing both design and construction of the project.

3. Children’s Play Area Alcove Project:

Status – The Airport District has partnered with Plus-Plus USA out of Greenville for the development of a children’s play area in the alcove in the Grand Hall. Plus-Plus USA is currently working on design drawings for the project for Airport District review and approval.

Project Budget – All costs should be covered by Plus-Plus USAEstimated Completion Date – To be determined

Through the terminal building renovation project, two alcoves were developed in the Grand Hall. Based on past direction from the Airport Commission, one will be for achildren’s play area and another will be for an airport history alcove. The children’s play area alcove will be located on the Concourse A side of the Grand Hall.

4. The current construction phase estimate for the remaining Parking Garage C and Consolidated Rental Car Facility Project is $75,000,000. The public parking portion is estimated to cost $28,000,000, and the rental car portion is estimated to cost $47,000,000.

The rental car companies have already agreed to raise the CFC to $6.00 per transaction day, and the increase was implemented in July 2019. The CFC Cash Flow and Coverage Forecast included in the financial analysis by Landrum & Brown (L&B) was based on a scenario utilizing stand-alone CFC bonds to finance the CONRAC facility. Under this scenario, the District can maintain a CFC debt service coverage ratio greater than 1.5 (lowest year is 2021 with 1.53), and based on the discussed assumptions, the CFC balance remains positive throughout the term (lowest year is 2026 with an ending CFC balance of $890,000). Alternatively, the District may choose to finance the CONRAC facility through the issuance of general airport revenue bonds (GARBs) that would be secured by both general airport revenue bonds and CFC revenues. An additional alternative would be to finance the CONRAC facility through private placement financing. If the construction phase and budget are approved, Staff will engage the services of a municipal financial advisory to review the various scenarios and provide a recommendation of the most advantageous CONRAC financing scenario for the District.

Staff also recommends utilizing a combination of cash and short-term interim financing to fund the construction costs for the public parking portion of the Parking Garage C Project.

The construction phase for the Surface Parking Program is already underway and is expected to be complete in October 2020. If the third parking garage and CONRAC facility is approved to move forward with construction, precast fabrication would be authorized to commence in early 2020. The parking garage general contractor is expected to be able to begin work in November 2020, and erection of the garage would be expected to start in early 2021. The parking garage and CONRAC facility is expected to be completed in the fall of 2022. The full project schedule would be pending a final construction schedule which would be determined after the general contractor/construction manager is under contract.

Based on current approved capital expenditures, the District can cashflow approximately $15,000,000-$17,000,000 each year for the overall parking program. With a combined total of $45.4 million ($16.7 surface parking program and garage enabling project work plus $28.7 public parking portion of Garage C) estimated to be spent over the combined construction timeline between FY20-FY22, Staff estimates the need for approximately $10,000,000-12,000,000 in interim financing for the project. Based on the current approved capital improvement projects, the District would be able to pay off the interim financing in FY23.

5. Vino Volo – Market Bar:

Status – Construction is currently underway.
Project Budget – All costs are being covered by Vino Volo.Estimated Completion Date – December 2019

Vino Volo selected the airport as it’s first location for a new market bar concept. Theconcept includes its traditional Vino Volo bar as well as the addition of a market with local items for sale. There will also be a selection of grab and go food and beverage items available in the market too.

6. Surface Parking Lot Expansion Program:

Status – Construction Phase
Project Budget – $16,700,000
Estimated Completion Date – September 2020

The Parking Garage C and CONRAC Facility Project will impact the existing Daily Surface Parking Lot and the Employee Parking Lot. Due to continued passenger growth, public parking capacity is already strained on a near daily basis. Based upon the planning and programming presented to the Commission in January 2019, the Surface Parking Expansion Program was approved with a budget of $16,700,000.

This program includes a new 1,500 stall parking lot for public economy parking with associated access road and a roundabout on Aviation Parkway. The program also includes a new approximately 600 stall Employee Parking Lot and TNC Staging Area on GSP Drive.

Project planning was completed by McFarland Johnson. Kimley-Horn is leading the design and engineering work. Rodgers Builders, Inc. is under contract as the Design- Assist contractor for the program. A GMP has been finalized with Rodgers Builders, Inc. and work will be underway soon. The program is anticipated to be complete in September 2020.

7. Aircraft Rescue and Firefighting (ARFF) Station:

Status – Construction Phase
Project Budget – $11,750,000
Estimated Completion Date – November 2020

This project includes construction of a new ARFF station to be located adjacent to the PSA Hangar at 2100 GSP Drive. Design and engineering were delivered under the WK Dickson on-call contract. Architectural design was led by Leo-Daly and supported by DP3 and other sub consultants. Four bids were received in June. AIP grant documents have been finalized and a construction contract has been awarded to Mavin Construction, the lowest responsive bidder. Mavin is expected to start construction in November and their current construction schedule indicates a 330-day construction timeframe.

8. Every single airline serving GSP Airport reported higher passenger loads percentage wise in September 2019 compared to September 2018 with the exception of Allegiant which was only down 0.3% from 76.4% to 76.1%.  American is 77.3%, Delta is 83.8%, Frontier is 77.2%, Southwest is 71.0%, and United is 82.1% for September 2019. GSP flights are up at 10.2%, and seats are up at 8.5% for December 2019 compared to December 2018. September 2019 had 222,236 passengers compared to 194,298 passengers in September 2018 which is a 14.4% increase. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

Just made it though the list of things posted and the posted information online. I am not surprised at all that the airport has hit a record and I think it only indicates that the airport may be in a position to ask the airlines for more (such as flights to Boston, Toronto, or increased number of flights daily to any of the other desitionations) I also think that if Moxy works out, GSP would fit in well with its announced plan for servicing smaller/secondary airports. I am a bit surprised at the hotel idea but think its a great idea....if it happens I would like to see the local transit authorities create routs that link the airport to downtown Greenville/Spartanburg/Woodruff Rd so that visitors there can have an easy connection  to the surrounding area and start building a series of routes that may free up some parking in the long term. 

In general all this news is exciting and I can't wait to see what 2020 has in store for GSP. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sptgguy said:

Just made it though the list of things posted and the posted information online. I am not surprised at all that the airport has hit a record and I think it only indicates that the airport may be in a position to ask the airlines for more (such as flights to Boston, Toronto, or increased number of flights daily to any of the other desitionations) I also think that if Moxy works out, GSP would fit in well with its announced plan for servicing smaller/secondary airports. I am a bit surprised at the hotel idea but think its a great idea....if it happens I would like to see the local transit authorities create routs that link the airport to downtown Greenville/Spartanburg/Woodruff Rd so that visitors there can have an easy connection  to the surrounding area and start building a series of routes that may free up some parking in the long term. 

In general all this news is exciting and I can't wait to see what 2020 has in store for GSP. 

Agreed. I too am a little surprised at the hotel concept but it may be a good idea. I have to say that airport officials have been thinking big when it comes to development and growth;  a podcar system, a hotel, a new tower, lots of airline contacts and recruiting. It's not all happening, but some is and you have to give props for putting themselves out there. 

• Like 1