GSP International

gvillenative

• 2 weeks later...

October numbers released.  Had a 6.9% increase over Oct of last year, which breaks the streak of 11 months with at least 10% growth. Total for the month was 246,871. This is a new all-time monthly record, but it would have been higher if the monthly growth had reflected the higher percentages seen throughout the year.  10% growth would have been 253k, 15% would have been 264.5K. 

And no, this doesn't mean we're getting Jetblue! :D

Edited by distortedlogic
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, motonenterprises said:

Has anyone done the math? How close will they get to 3 million passengers?

On 11/21/2019 at 4:41 PM, distortedlogic said:

Well they never released Sept or Oct numbers but based on these I guess 621,596 have used the airport since the end of Sept. That's 207k per month with 10 days still to go in Nov.; which based on the number of passengers/day since then, would add an additional 76,740 by the end of Nov, or a total of 2,394,725 (and 698,336 for the three month total or 232,779/month).  That should bring us to about 2.62 MM for the year with a Dec estimate included! 

This was my stab at it. Looks like it will take a couple more years to flirt with 3MM; a lot of the growth this past year was new routes, and not much has been proposed to start this next year so we'll have rely on filling any empty seats to make big gains in 2020. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

This was my stab at it. Looks like it will take a couple more years to flirt with 3MM; a lot of the growth this past year was new routes, and not much has been proposed to start this next year so we'll have rely on filling any empty seats to make big gains in 2020. 

Not sure how I missed the estimate quoted by distorted. 2.6 million isn't bad. It's definitely getting busier. I can tell every time I go to the airport.

No nonstop direct flights to Phoenix for the Fiesta Bowl? 

Also, it looks like GSP-Tampa and GSP-Las Vegas on Frontier have been eliminated until next year sometime. Seasonal routes. Orlando along with Denver remain and are year round. 

Edited by gman430

Lots of construction going on at the airport. The trees are being cleared to the right when coming into the main entrance, in front of economy lot A I believe. Heard rumors a while back that they wanted to put another runway there. Construction also near the cargo area. I know of the new firehouse being constructed. Anyone have any info on the other stuff? Thanks ahead.

22 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

New parking garage? I think that is priority right now. Second runway not being built till later.

I don't think it's the garage. They're supposed to build it right near parking garage B in the current surface parking lot near that garage. This is in the woods to the right of the main entrance and right near the economy A parking lot. Cutting down trees.

45 minutes ago, motonenterprises said:

I don't think it's the garage. They're supposed to build it right near parking garage B in the current surface parking lot near that garage. This is in the woods to the right of the main entrance and right near the economy A parking lot. Cutting down trees.

Is it before the economy lot? This is possibly part of their expansion to that lot.

This is the current long term masterplan on record with the FAA. Scroll down to page 3-7

https://www.gspairport.com/site/user/files/39/MAS3.pdf

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, NewlyUpstate said:

Is it before the economy lot? This is possibly part of their expansion to that lot.

This is the current long term masterplan on record with the FAA. Scroll down to page 3-7

https://www.gspairport.com/site/user/files/39/MAS3.pdf

Correct. What you are seeing is an expansion of the economy lot. 

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 6:23 PM, motonenterprises said:

Lots of construction going on at the airport. The trees are being cleared to the right when coming into the main entrance, in front of economy lot A I believe. Heard rumors a while back that they wanted to put another runway there. Construction also near the cargo area. I know of the new firehouse being constructed. Anyone have any info on the other stuff? Thanks ahead.

I know they are building a new employee lot off GSP drive across from the NWS to help make room for the new parking garage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, apaladin said:

Only flights I can find have a stop in Denver coming and gping. The shortest trip to LV is 11+ hours. Not happening. 

The Las Vegas flights are seasonal. They’ll be coming back next year. Same goes for Tampa. Orlando and Denver are year round.

Edited by gman430

The boost to the airport provided by the recent success of Clemson football is undeniable. Whether it's folks coming to see games in Death Valley, prospective students and families flying in to tour the campus, or fans attending away/bowl games, there is a definite boost. I'm happy to see United and American tapping into this and offering 3 flights each direct from GSP to Louis Armstrong. for the Natty. 

American Airlines and United Airlines added three direct flights each to Louis Armstrong International Airport in New Orleans for Clemson fans attending the game in New Orleans, according to a press release from GSP. 

Edited by GvilleSC
  • Thanks 1

On 12/31/2019 at 7:34 AM, GvilleSC said:

The boost to the airport provided by the recent success of Clemson football is undeniable. Whether it's folks coming to see games in Death Valley, prospective students and families flying in to tour the campus, or fans attending away/bowl games, there is a definite boost. I'm happy to see United and American tapping into this and offering 3 flights each direct from GSP to Louis Armstrong. for the Natty. 

True it has provided a boost. A shame the basketball team can't continue this. Paladins are #1 in the state this yeat!! A shame Coach Brownell and Coach Martin refuse to play Furman but understandable. A game at the well between FU and CU would be good but not happening.