GSP International

gvillenative

3 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Hmm, isn't this almost as much as Wingspan was (110MM?)? This is just for a garage. Doesn't seem like much for just a garage. 

Much more than a garage. The article states that the cost includes all of the below. Plus remember the garage will have a new rental car center and it will be one of those smart garages that tells you which floors have spots and directs you to them to save time. 

SmartSelect_20200124-122522_Chrome.jpg

Well finally GSP released their figures for 2019. Great year for growth! Traffic grew by 12.7% to a toal of 2,612, 236 passengers, which was an increase of 295k over last year. 

December itself saw an increase of 13.5% from 196k to over 222K. 

Great to see. Hope to see at least one new destination this year to keep the growth going! 

https://www.gspairport.com/pages/news-and-community/detail/article/c0/a133/

• Thanks 1

Speaking of Las Vegas. I am planning a quick family vacation, 6 people in April. Looking for suggestions on the chepest sites/ways to book. In the past I have used Southwest Vacations. I need to leave in the morning on Wednesday and return late Saturday. Southwest options don't work since you can't leave GSP until mid-afternoon. Southwest used to be great for GSP but not much selection now. I have looked on Vegas.com etc. There seems to be good options from American and United but it says flights are operated by Joe Bob's airlines lol. Are these planes the really small 50 seaters? Is it better to book flight and hotel together or separate?  Any suggestions, ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by apaladin

40 minutes ago, apaladin said:

Speaking of Las Vegas. I am planning a quick family vacation, 6 people in April. Looking for suggestions on the chepest sites/ways to book. In the past I have used Southwest Vacations. I need to leave in the morning on Wednesday and return late Saturday. Southwest options don't work since you can't leave GSP until mid-afternoon. Southwest used to be great for GSP but not much selection now. I have looked on Vegas.com etc. There seems to be good options from American and United but it says flights are operated by Joe Bob's airlines lol. Are these planes the really small 50 seaters? Is it better to book flight and hotel together or separate?  Any suggestions, ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

By April United will be EMB 175's (76 Seaters) to IAH and DEN.  Those are very comfy planes imo with no middle seats.  Like mini boeings or airbuses.  ORD and EWR will all be CRJ550's which are the new models United rolled out.  50 seaters, but no gate checks, has 1st class and a lot of economy plus in the back.  Passengers seem to be raving about it.  Slight chance of an old 50 seater if you fly through IAD.

2 hours ago, apaladin said:

Check Delta Vacations. I'm using them to go to Dubai in September. I found them to be much cheaper then American Airlines. 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Exile said:

If that perspective is looking away from the terminal building, then it looks like there's no covered walkway access to it from the terminal?

Bottom right corner of garage in above rendering shows a covered walkway leading to the terminal I believe. 

Edited by gman430

OK, just so I understand. Is this diagram right? The location of the new garage (circled) and the orientation of the rendering (arrow)? So all that forest in the background is just filler and not what will be the actual background from that vantage point?

Airport.png

14 hours ago, Exile said:

OK, just so I understand. Is this diagram right? The location of the new garage (circled) and the orientation of the rendering (arrow)? So all that forest in the background is just filler and not what will be the actual background from that vantage point?

Airport.png

Yes and yes to your first two questions. I believe so to the third question. Architectural firms are notorious for adding filler in the background like this. 

Edited by gman430

2 hours ago, NewlyUpstate said:

Is this a new name for Moxy?

GSP is definitely very aware of this and has been angling to be competitive in the pursuit of drawing them here.

Yes, this is Jetblue’s new Moxy airline for midsize markets. Here’s a really good article on it: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-07/jetblue-founder-says-new-breeze-air-on-track-to-fly-this-year

Edited by gman430

On 2/7/2020 at 9:14 PM, NewlyUpstate said:

Is this a new name for Moxy?

GSP is definitely very aware of this and has been angling to be competitive in the pursuit of drawing them here.

Good to see. I have definitely read in commission reports that GSP has discussed this airline and are paying attention. I really think GSP (and CAE as well) is a perfect market. I read that SLC will be the base. Wouldn't it be cool if GSP could get a few new routes through them? Maybe SLC, BOS, MSP, and a West coast flight. 

On 2/7/2020 at 10:24 PM, gman430 said:

Yes, this is Jetblue’s new Moxy airline for midsize markets. Here’s a really good article on it: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-07/jetblue-founder-says-new-breeze-air-on-track-to-fly-this-year

While Breeze  is being started by Jetblue's founder, he is not apart of Jetblue anymore and the two airlines are not affiliated.

Here's some more info on this. The first link has the most info. They  will be using a very similar point to point model as Allegiant, and are going exclusively for unserved destinations in secondary and even tertiary markets to other destinations and wherever their hubs will be, but no connections. They will have a fleet of two different planes with starting with 88 planes it thier fleet. Not sure how many markets can be served with that size fleet. Sounds like they have a lot of destinations in mind and are looking at over 500 routes, but they will not announce until they are ready to start as they don't want to give competition a jump on them. We should have a great chance at getting something with them, and they would be all new direct routes.  Looks like they are going for the 1/day , 2/wk, 4/wk, etc model of scheduling, similar to Allegiant and Frontier. 

https://crankyflier.com/2020/02/07/david-neelemans-new-airline-is-officially-called-breeze-heres-everything-he-told-me-about-it-across-the-aisle/

https://www.businessinsider.com/breeze-new-airline-david-neeleman-moxy-jetblue-2020-2

• Thanks 1

So with all this news in mind...what routes do you think GSP might be able to get out of this?  GSP to BOS would be a good thing based on the 1000000000000 comments I have read here. May a  direct connect to MCO to compete with Frontier?  Cous we swing a west coast flight once or twice a week? 

Flew out of GSP today and the flight was completely full. Not one empty seat. We need bigger planes and more flights NOW. WHY is it taking them so long to implement this change? WHY?!?!?

Oh and we need JetBlue and Alaska along with one of those cool airlines like Virgin. Give us British Airways also. :D If Charleston can land them why can’t GSP? 

Edited by gman430