GSP International

gvillenative

Is it really worth bringing down this great country of ours because some people will get sick from something other than what they are used to getting sick from? According to experts these things run there course anyway.  According to the cdc the way to get this is from someone sneezing or coughing. It is not transmittted thru the air. It’s possible to get it from a surface but the risk is very low. It can stay on a surface for up to 72 hours but it diminishes each hour.  This thing is going to have far reaching effects if things don’t get back to normal soon which is very, very doubtful. Companies are going to go bankrupt and many won’t come back. Like someone said, it is an election year. Makes you wonder. 

48 minutes ago, rssgvegas said:

Frontier is about to quietly pull out of GSP for good.  Last flights scheduled for April 19th.

Well, that sucks. There goes our passenger increase numbers for a long time to come. Luckily, it’s not one of the bigger carriers at GSP in terms of number of passengers that fly them per month. Any chance they could come back once this Coronavirus stuff is over with and the economy rebounds?

Edited by gman430

9 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Source? I would be surprised.  Perhaps this is just a cut in service for the virus shutdown. Their load factors have been quite good.

Can't really give a source and I certainly understand the internet is a "take it with a grain of salt" type place.  Just pay attention around the date I posted.  And this would be permanent, not virus related.

4 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

Source? I would be surprised.  Perhaps this is just a cut in service for the virus shutdown. Their load factors have been quite good.

I checked the schedule and the flights are indeed cut after that date. Unfortunately, I don’t think this is Coronavirus related. If it was the flights would be getting cancelled now not a month from now. :( 

Edited by gman430

12 hours ago, rssgvegas said:

Can't really give a source and I certainly understand the internet is a "take it with a grain of salt" type place.  Just pay attention around the date I posted.  And this would be permanent, not virus related.

Can't give a source because you're not allowed or because it's just conjecture? Without a source this sounds like one of Gman's "this is dead " stab in the dark posts. You may well be right, but I don't think it would be due to lack of demand or passenger participation. They may be needing to restructure for a bit with the current state of air travel.  I've heard them advertising on the radio as recently as last week though. 

16 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Can't give a source because you're not allowed or because it's just conjecture? Without a source this sounds like one of Gman's "this is dead " stab in the dark posts. You may well be right, but I don't think it would be due to lack of demand or passenger participation. They may be needing to restructure for a bit with the current state of air travel.  I've heard them advertising on the radio as recently as last week though. 

Frontier Airlines at GSP is dead. :D 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

Can't out the source.   They also weren't doing well before the outbreak.   Loads had dropped dramatically and was part of the reason routes that weren't initially announced as seasonal became seasonal.   Lots of flights weren't even 1/3 full in December and January, at least in the summer they were respectable.   They weren't making money, but were committed with incentives.   The virus actually gave them an out to the incentives and they took it.    The airport will blame it on the virus and no one will be the wiser of it!

2 hours ago, rssgvegas said:

Can't out the source.   They also weren't doing well before the outbreak.   Loads had dropped dramatically and was part of the reason routes that weren't initially announced as seasonal became seasonal.   Lots of flights weren't even 1/3 full in December and January, at least in the summer they were respectable.   They weren't making money, but were committed with incentives.   The virus actually gave them an out to the incentives and they took it.    The airport will blame it on the virus and no one will be the wiser of it!

Not according to load factors which were running in the upper 70s to mid 80s. We'll see what happens but I see reason to be much more optimistic than you.

2 hours ago, rssgvegas said:

I tend to disagree. Their load factors were actually fairly high according to the statistics from GSP. Even higher than Southwest. Luckily, Frontier only took up 3% of the market share which is the lowest by any airline at GSP so the loss shouldn’t be very noticeable in terms of overall passenger numbers. 

Edited by gman430

45 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Not according to load factors which were running in the upper 70s to mid 80s. We'll see what happens but I see reason to be much more optimistic than you.

Load factors for the end of summer were barely over 70% in August and not much better in September.  Their yields dropped big time just to get pax and they still had a load factor in the 60's in Jan.   An airline like Frontier that already has low yields to begin with needs to be running in the mid 80's to 90% load factor.  When they aren't near there and you have to drop the yields on top of that, well, that is a recipe for disaster!   Charlotte is doing 87% load factors for F9, Atlanta 88%.  That's where GSP needed to be!

8 hours ago, rssgvegas said:

Load factors for the end of summer were barely over 70% in August and not much better in September.  Their yields dropped big time just to get pax and they still had a load factor in the 60's in Jan.   An airline like Frontier that already has low yields to begin with needs to be running in the mid 80's to 90% load factor.  When they aren't near there and you have to drop the yields on top of that, well, that is a recipe for disaster!   Charlotte is doing 87% load factors for F9, Atlanta 88%.  That's where GSP needed to be!

Those are much larger airports though. I agree with the other posters on this. No disrespect intended.

12 hours ago, rssgvegas said:

If an airline can’t survive with a load factor in the 70’s then they shouldn’t even be in business.