GSP International

gvillenative

6 hours ago, gman430 said:

Thanks. Do you know how much the schedule is slated to increase at the airport for this month and next compared to April and May? 

Well Delta and United were only running 3 flights a day back then.  Now United is running 5 for July.  In August they run 6 on Sundays, 5 Monday,  Thurs-Sat, and 4 on Tues and Wed.  As previously stated, DEN comes back Sundays only in August, but still no EWR.  Delta is still doing Atlanta only.  5 flights in July and up to 7 in August.  Still no DTW or LGA flights.

AA has been most aggressive, not just at GSP, but across the board.  I wanna say they were doing 5 CLT, 2 DFWs, and Mia a couple months back.  This week they just brought back mainline to DFW.  They'll do 6 CLTs this month, 2 DFW, 3 PHL, 1 ORD, 1 MIA.  In August they add a 2nd Mia.  Still no DCA flights.

Southwest cut down to 2 flights per day.  Now doing 3 to ATL only.  BWI nonstop comes back mid August.

Who knows with Frontier.  They were here, then gone.  Then back.  Then gone.  Then back again.  Now they are gone for the foreseeable future.  Allegiant never really tweaked their schedule.  They just constantly canceled flights.  They seem to be running pretty normal now, but their schedule is all over the place.

This is a pretty good rough estimate.  I'm at home and don't have all the data in front of me.

Edited by rssgvegas
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know what's Frontier is going to do but I really hate they left.  They have kids fly free on certain days for many routes, and right now they have a sale for some routes one can fly for $11 from now through the end of the year. Huntsville and Knoxville to Denver are two of them (not sure why we lost them but those markets did not). Just saw CLT to DIA roundtrip for 21 bucks. Amazing!

1 hour ago, distortedlogic said:

For April there were only 8,700 passengers. May had only 26.6k and June saw only 50k. Since mid March, GSP has lost about 700k passengers.  No telling how it will be going forward.

Luckily we’re not alone. Pretty much this way everywhere. They think it will be 2024 before air travel returns to pre-Coronavirus levels. And this isn’t just for GSP but for airports across the globe. I don’t know of any airport worldwide where passenger numbers have increased or stayed steady since this mess started. 

Edited by gman430

• 2 weeks later...

OHM Concession Group is out at GSP Airport.  They ran Thomas Creek, RJ Rockers, Wolfgang Puck, Chick-fil-a, DC-3, Vino Volo, and the Escape Lounge.  DC-3 has closed permanently.  A RFP has been sent out looking for a new management group to run the F&B as well as bring in a new concept for the vacant DC-3 area.  You'd have to think by the time they find one, do all the hiring and training, and start to reopen that you are looking more towards the end of the year before any viable food options are open at GSP.  Hoping it's sooner, but it's not looking good!

Dang, I didn’t realize the restaurants were still closed. I thought at least a few of them would have reopened by now with the increased passenger numbers.

Places like DC-3, Palmetto Distillery, and Vino Volo seem like really niche places to me that would be better off just downtown. Having them open at GSP has really baffled me. Just doesn’t seem like they would be that successful there. The airport needs more normal and popular options like you see with Chick-Fil-A. Something like Panera and heck even McDonald’s would be nice. Can’t believe there still isn’t a Starbuck’s there also. 

Edited by gman430

14 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Can’t believe there still isn’t a Starbuck’s there also. 

From what I understand the lack of a Starbucks has to do with franchisee agreements.  Apparently Starbucks has a select few of airport franchisors and GSP Airport promises in their  agreements to limit the number of franchisor groups to 2.  Hudson runs Hudson news, Flatwood, Dunkin, and Baskin Robbins.  Who knows, maybe the new management group will be able to bring in a Starbucks!

19 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Dang, I didn’t realize the restaurants were still closed. I thought at least a few of them would have reopened by now with the increased passenger numbers.

Flatwood Grill and Dunkin are open pre security and Dunkin/Baskin Robbins and Hudson are open post security.  That's it.

So from the looks of it the Southwest flight to BWI is back to once daily and the United flight to Denver is back once a week, if I’m not mistaken. I read somewhere one of GSP’s responses to questions and they believe Reagan will come back but are unsure of LaGuardia. Didn’t see anything about Newark. Anyone have any insight on those flights?

Edited by gvillenative
  • Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 8:02 PM, gvillenative said:

So from the looks of it the Southwest flight to BWI is back to once daily and the United flight to Denver is back once a week, if I’m not mistaken. I read somewhere one of GSP’s responses to questions and they believe Reagan will come back but are unsure of LaGuardia. Didn’t see anything about Newark. Anyone have any insight on those flights?

Don't blink.  The United DEN weekly flight and the daily Southwest BWI flight both go away again in September.  Airlines are only putting flight schedules out about a month in advance so no real idea of what happens in October yet.  Right now still no signs of EWR or LGA coming back.  Don't think DTW for DL has either...

American is cutting service to these airports: Del Rio, Texas; Dubuque, Iowa; Florence, South Carolina; Greenville, North Carolina; Huntington, West Virginia; Joplin, Missouri; Kalamazoo/Battle Creek, Michigan; Lake Charles, Louisiana; New Haven, Connecticut; New Windsor, New York; Roswell, New Mexico; Sioux City, Iowa; Springfield, Illinois; Stillwater, Oklahoma; and Williamsport, Pennsylvania.

4 hours ago, LBT said:

American is cutting service to these airports: Del Rio, Texas; Dubuque, Iowa; Florence, South Carolina; Greenville, North Carolina; Huntington, West Virginia; Joplin, Missouri; Kalamazoo/Battle Creek, Michigan; Lake Charles, Louisiana; New Haven, Connecticut; New Windsor, New York; Roswell, New Mexico; Sioux City, Iowa; Springfield, Illinois; Stillwater, Oklahoma; and Williamsport, Pennsylvania.

I think this means FLO will no longer have commercial service. Not surprised,  especially with MYB so close.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 12:01 AM, rssgvegas said:

OHM Concession Group is out at GSP Airport.  They ran Thomas Creek, RJ Rockers, Wolfgang Puck, Chick-fil-a, DC-3, Vino Volo, and the Escape Lounge.  DC-3 has closed permanently.  A RFP has been sent out looking for a new management group to run the F&B as well as bring in a new concept for the vacant DC-3 area.  You'd have to think by the time they find one, do all the hiring and training, and start to reopen that you are looking more towards the end of the year before any viable food options are open at GSP.  Hoping it's sooner, but it's not looking good!

http://metzculinary.com has been chosen as the new concessions management group. GSP had a lot of bids come in for the service. Metz won due to several different factors including: 

• Company Background, Experience, & Financial Information
• Financial Proposal
• Ability to Maintain All Existing Concept Brands
• Proposed Concept Replacement for DC3 Hot Dogs
• Management, Organizational, Operations, Quality Control, Training Program, & Transition Plans
• ACDBE Participation
• Exceptions to the Sample Agreement

Metz Culinary Management’s proposed annual management fee is 3% of gross receipts for both the initial and option terms of the agreement. In addition, their proposed annual incentive fee is 22% of net revenue over the entire length of the agreement.

To help quantify these percentage fees, Metz’s proforma for the first five years of operation had gross sales totaling $34,938,261. This translates to a total management fee of $1,048,148 and a total incentive fee of $541,716. The management and incentive fees for the initial term of the agreement would be a combined total of $1,589,864.

Based on Metz’s proforma, the District would net $6,908,934 over the first five years of the agreement. In addition, as value added, Metz has offered $300,000 toward capital expenses, $100,000 toward non-direct opening expenses, and a $25,000 incentive fee credit in the first year of the agreement.

Edited by gman430

Let’s roll: https://gsabusiness.com/news/aerospace/79352/

Also, Breeze will start flying in March 2021 from the southeastern United States: https://skift.com/2020/09/30/jetblue-founder-delays-launch-of-his-new-airline-to-2021-starting-in-southeastern-u-s/ Hopefully GSP is included as it’s in this part of the country. 

Edited by gman430

As demand for air travel continues to increase, airlines are making adjustments and adding routes back to their schedules. Starting October 2020, Delta will resume daily nonstop service to Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) and United will start weekly nonstop service to Denver International Airport (DEN), helping to connect the Upstate to the people and places that matter most. 

October 1st for Detroit and October 4th for Denver. 

Edited by gman430

9 minutes ago, apaladin said:

This is all good news. Don’t we currently have a non-stop to Denver or did that go away? Really like the Southwest option to Houston and connections to western destinations rather  than going thru Atlanta. Used it before and it really breaks up the trip. I guess Frontier is gone for good?

We did but United dropped it a few months ago due to the pandemic. It’s back now. Frontier is gone for the foreseeable future. Always a slim chance they could come back though. 

Edited by gman430