GSP International

gvillenative

4 hours ago, gman430 said:

Let’s roll: https://gsabusiness.com/news/aerospace/79352/

Also, Breeze will start flying in March 2021 from the southeastern United States: https://skift.com/2020/09/30/jetblue-founder-delays-launch-of-his-new-airline-to-2021-starting-in-southeastern-u-s/ Hopefully GSP is included as it’s in this part of the country. 

"It will launch with Embraer E195s flying seven routes, the filing said, three from a “Southeastern United States airport,” and four from “another airport farther south.” Breeze is being  vague so other airlines do not fly its routes before it announces them.

In “subsequent months,” the airline told the government, it will add routes from those two airports, and open a third base, also the Southeastern United States. By July, it said, it will add a fourth airport, again in the Southeast. And by October, it will add two more Southeastern airports, it said."

Looks like 1 to start in the "Southeast" and 1 "further South" (where the heck would that be? Florida?). Then afterwards there will be 4 more opened in the Southeast.  So 5 Southeast airports and 1 airport "further south" than that... still wtf does that mean?

Some of my predictions: Lexington, Knoxville, Charleston, Daytona Beach, Huntsville, Greensboro, Savannah/Hilton Head, Tampa.. and Greenville of course.

Edited by NewlyUpstate

4 hours ago, apaladin said:

This is all good news. Don’t we currently have a non-stop to Denver or did that go away? Really like the Southwest option to Houston and connections to western destinations rather  than going thru Atlanta. Used it before and it really breaks up the trip. I guess Frontier is gone for good?

I used Hobby once as well on a hop from SeaTac to GSP. Exxxxxtremely convenient.

7 hours ago, NewlyUpstate said:

Some of my predictions: Lexington, Knoxville, Charleston, Daytona Beach, Huntsville, Greensboro, Savannah/Hilton Head, Tampa.. and Greenville of course.

Some good guesses but I don't think Charleston is underserved at this point, though it could get in on the action eventually. And for that matter, I don't think Savannah is underserved either. Knoxville  (TYS) and Greensboro (PTI) I can definitely see and Huntsville seems way underserved. Don't forget about Birmingham. I don't know anything but I think we have a great shot at getting them. I think our biggest competition could actually be CAE, which seems drastically underserved, and  could steal our thunder here. My hope (and guess) is that both airports can benefit, though maybe not starting at the same time. If not, it would kinda stink if CAE got them and we didn't. But remember, this will be new routes for underserved markets, and both GSP and CAE have plenty of routes that could be added. 

Things are slowly but surely improving every month: 

“For July 2020, passenger traffic saw a 70.6% decrease over the same month in 2019. Cargo numbers for July 2020 were up 26.0% for the same period. Passenger load factors were down 39.7% for the month at an average of 50.7%.

Please note that the passenger traffic numbers for July exceeded our forecasts associated with the budget process by approximately 26.4%.

For August 2020, passenger traffic saw a 65.9% decrease over the same month in 2019. Cargo numbers for August 2020 were up 6.5% for the same period. Passenger load factors were down for the month at an average of 45.5%.

Providing a look forward into the service levels for October 2020 is a schedule comparison for the month vs the same month last year, including flights and seats by airline and non-stop markets served. GSP flights are down at 53.3%, and seats are down at 53.5%.“

Edited by gman430

On 9/30/2020 at 3:09 PM, gman430 said:

As demand for air travel continues to increase, airlines are making adjustments and adding routes back to their schedules. Starting October 2020, Delta will resume daily nonstop service to Detroit Metro Airport (DTW) and United will start weekly nonstop service to Denver International Airport (DEN), helping to connect the Upstate to the people and places that matter most. 

October 1st for Detroit and October 4th for Denver. 

United just posted their November flight schedule and Denver is again gone from it.  They brought back Sunday only service in August, dropped it in September, brought it back in October, and now it is gone for November.  Guess that means to expect it back in December lol!

1 hour ago, rssgvegas said:

United just posted their November flight schedule and Denver is again gone from it.  They brought back Sunday only service in August, dropped it in September, brought it back in October, and now it is gone for November.  Guess that means to expect it back in December lol!

They can’t seem to make up their mind can they? Lol. Surprised they don’t at least fly there during the Thanksgiving holiday. There are lots of people living in this area that are either from Colorado or have family members living there. 

Edited by gman430

• 1 month later...

Happened to luck out and catch this landing at GSP just a little while ago: 

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/JAF9500/history/20201109/0936Z/EDDF/K

First time I have ever seen a TUI plane before. Came all the way from Frankfurt, Germany. BMW related I assume???

Edited by gman430

25 minutes ago, gman430 said:

First time I have ever seen a TUI plane before. Came all the way from Frankfurt, Germany. BMW related I assume???

I saw this plane landing today.

6 hours ago, gman430 said:

Yeah I’ve seen it on flightradar24 for at least 2 days in a row.

11 hours ago, gman430 said:

Should be here everyday this week.  It's a passenger plane but only being used for cargo.  Here's a couple pics:

tui3.jpeg

tui1.jpeg

tui2.jpeg

Edited by rssgvegas
bad pics
  • Thanks 1

I tend to agree with all of the comments above regarding design. I think they need to more closely match the airport architecture, or create something unto itself. This is currently sitting right on the fence and failing terribly.

I understand that they want to play off of the location (which, the rooftop amenities can do if you want to watch planes and breathe exhaust), but if they could nestle this in a "natural" part of the site and landscape it like the drive into the airport, that would be a really stunning experience. I love the drive into the GSP. Granted, if you're relying on a shuttle across the grounds to get to the terminal, then you may just be inclined to stay off of Pelham with greater access to restaurants and shopping...

I'm not real sure what the demand is for hotel stays right on top of the airport? 

Time for your monthly update:

-Construction on the new fire and rescue station is now complete and a ribbon cutting ceremony was held for it on November 23rd. More here: https://gsabusiness.com/news/architecture/79660/

-Milliken in conjunction with GSP Airport will be constructing a new $5.8 million 30,000 square foot hangar with office space that will be able to house two of the company’s new planes.  Construction to take 15-18 months with completion slated for April 2022. 

-Chick Fil A along with Palmetto Distillery have reopened and a new tenant will be going into the old DC-3 space in early 2021. Metz Culinary Management will now be in charge of running most of the food and beverage tenants at GSP. 

-A new website for the airport is slated to be launched on or around April 30th, 2021. 

-Google has an interior mapping program for public facilities as well as a street view mapping program. To assist users of the airport by providing a 360-degree view of public areas of the airport, Google has selected GSP for inclusion into both programs. Once complete (date TBD), you will be able to see views of the inside of the terminal building and the streets leading up to it when you utilize Google Maps.

-Four Jabbrrbox’s will be installed between concourses A and B by February 28th, 2021. GSP will be the smallest airport in the world to have these. You can read more about what they are here: https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/jabbrrbox-airport-lounge/index.html

-Prepango will be installing eight kiosk machines by the end of the month throughout concourse A, concourse B, and the rental car facilities. The kiosks will provide travel related accessories, cosmetics, and PPE related items for sale.

-No passenger flights will be done in the month of December for American to Miami and Washington DC (Ronald Reagan), United to Denver and Newark, and Delta to New York City (LaGuardia). Everything else has scheduled flights. 

-GSP flights are down at 48.7% and seats are down at 53.1% for December 2020 vs December 2019. This does NOT include Southwest’s new service to Houston. 

-Passenger traffic for September 2020 was down 64% compared to September 2019. 80,001 passengers vs 222,236 passengers. Load factors were at 56.8%. While that doesn’t sound great, it is much better than April 2020 which had a total of 8,721 passengers. Things are definitely looking up. 

-Cargo traffic is a bright spot with it being up 87.1% for September 2020 vs September 2019. 12,800,948 pounds vs 6,840,142 pounds. 

-The future parking garage, hangar renovation, FBO expansion, facilities department building expansion, and fuel farm expansion projects are all still on hold due to Covid-19.

-The surface parking lot expansion project is nearing completion with it slated to open in January 2021. 1,500 economy parking spots and 600 employee parking spots will be created between the two sites. 

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 3

On 11/25/2020 at 3:10 AM, gman430 said:

Time for your monthly update:

-Construction on the new fire and rescue station is now complete and a ribbon cutting ceremony was held for it on November 23rd. More here: https://gsabusiness.com/news/architecture/79660/

-Milliken in conjunction with GSP Airport will be constructing a new $5.8 million 30,000 square foot hangar with office space that will be able to house two of the company’s new planes.  Construction to take 15-18 months with completion slated for April 2022. 

-Chick Fil A along with Palmetto Distillery have reopened and a new tenant will be going into the old DC-3 space in early 2021. Metz Culinary Management will now be in charge of running most of the food and beverage tenants at GSP. 

-A new website for the airport is slated to be launched on or around April 30th, 2021. 

-Google has an interior mapping program for public facilities as well as a street view mapping program. To assist users of the airport by providing a 360-degree view of public areas of the airport, Google has selected GSP for inclusion into both programs. Once complete (date TBD), you will be able to see views of the inside of the terminal building and the streets leading up to it when you utilize Google Maps.

-Four Jabbrrbox’s will be installed between concourses A and B by February 28th, 2021. GSP will be the smallest airport in the world to have these. You can read more about what they are here: https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/jabbrrbox-airport-lounge/index.html

-Prepango will be installing eight kiosk machines by the end of the month throughout concourse A, concourse B, and the rental car facilities. The kiosks will provide travel related accessories, cosmetics, and PPE related items for sale.

-No passenger flights will be done in the month of December for American to Miami and Washington DC (Ronald Reagan), United to Denver and Newark, and Delta to New York City (LaGuardia). Everything else has scheduled flights. 

-GSP flights are down at 48.7% and seats are down at 53.1% for December 2020 vs December 2019. This does NOT include Southwest’s new service to Houston. 

-Passenger traffic for September 2020 was down 64% compared to September 2019. 80,001 passengers vs 222,236 passengers. Load factors were at 56.8%. While that doesn’t sound great, it is much better than April 2020 which had a total of 8,721 passengers. Things are definitely looking up. 

-Cargo traffic is a bright spot with it being up 87.1% for September 2020 vs September 2019. 12,800,948 pounds vs 6,840,142 pounds. 

-The future parking garage, hangar renovation, FBO expansion, facilities department building expansion, and fuel farm expansion projects are all still on hold due to Covid-19.

-The surface parking lot expansion project is nearing completion with it slated to open in January 2021. 1,500 economy parking spots and 600 employee parking spots will be created between the two sites. 

The DC-3 replacement rumor is Qdoba Mexican.  Take that for what it's worth.  United will run a couple one off flights to/from Den right before and after xmas.  Den does not appear at all in the January schedule.  Delta goes to all regional jets over the Christmas holidays.  Don't think I can ever remember them not running at least 1 mainline flight in a day!

• 3 weeks later...