GSP International

gvillenative

15 hours ago, gvillenative said:

Looks like Hobby is back, and Denver is back, for now at least,  and at one a day as opposed to the once a week it was a few months ago. 

United brought Denver back for the holidays only on Dec 20-21, 27-28,  Jan 3-4.  Their schedule is finalized for January through Feb 10th and DEN and EWR are not on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Qdoba is confirmed and will be opening in April. Wolfgang Puck is slated to reopen later this month. 

Passenger traffic for November 2020 was 61.1% lower than November 2019. While not great, it was the best month for GSP since March 2020.

Edited by gman430

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

Good to hear. I going with Breeze. If we are indeed ond of their first markets, that could indicate a good potential for growth in the future.  Remember they are starting with flights east of the Mississippi,  but will add other destinations later. 

If it was Breeze, wouldn’t there be more than one airport announcing new service next Tuesday though? I’ve only heard of GSP doing so. Maybe it’s British Airways or Lufthansa. :D 

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

If it was Breeze, wouldn’t there be more than one airport announcing new service next Tuesday though? I’ve only heard of GSP doing so. Maybe it’s British Airways or Lufthansa. :D 

Maybe so, but i can't see Silver. It looks like they mainly go to FL and I think we have that state pretty well covered. I also remember reading Sun Country was a possibility but that was pre Covid. Breeze just makes sense, especially with the timing.  We'll see.

It’s Silver. GSP is now bookable on their website. Specifically, their mobile website because for whatever reason they won't let you manually type destinations on their desktop website.

- 2x Weekly GSP-MCO beginning March 18 on the ATR 72-600

- 2x Weekly GSP-JAX beginning March 19 on the ATR 42-600

- 2x Weekly GSP-TPA beginning March 21 on the ATR 42-600

1 hour ago, gman430 said:

It’s Silver. GSP is now bookable on their website. Specifically, their mobile website because for whatever reason they won't let you manually type destinations on their desktop website.

Hmm. I wouldn't call this significant news since the airline already flies from 2 cities in the state and it's destinations are Florida which GSP has covered pretty well. Maybe it's something else on top of this.

22 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Just what GSP needs, more flights to Florida.  

Agreed. Not only that but anytime an airline tries flying to Orlando from here, it always goes under within a year. I was really hoping for JetBlue with service to Boston or Alaska with service to Seattle. 

2 hours ago, gman430 said:

Hmmm :dunno:

Well if that's it I call that VERY disappointing (me looking for the "letdown" emoticon). That seems pretty useless; who wants to fly from here to Jacksonville?  But maybe any service is good? Anyway, I'm still hopeful Breeze will announce later.

Think I just saw the Vice Presidents plane land at GSP.  What’s up with that?! Fighter jets and large Navy plane landing at GSP also. Are we going to war? Lol. 

Edit: looks like it’s doing touch and go’s for some odd reason. Not sure why out of GSP either. 

Edited by gman430