GSP International

gvillenative

4 hours ago, gvillenative said:

For the plane spotters out there, there is a British Airways 777er due to land at GSP in an hour and a half. Kinda jelly that I’m not able to go see all these cargo planes coming in.

This is a new contract the airport just pulled in.  Won't be a one off so if you keep an eye out it will be back a few more times!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rssgvegas said:

This is a new contract the airport just pulled in.  Won't be a one off so if you keep an eye out it will be back a few more times!

Everything from Condor to Tui to British Airways. Where am I? London? Lol.

Why is there such a large increase in cargo service out of GSP? 

Edited by gman430

59 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Everything from Condor to Tui to British Airways. Where am I? London? Lol.

Why is there such a large increase in cargo service out of GSP? 

With the new cargo facility that opened last year, GSP has shown it can handle the volume and can be fast and efficient.  Time is money to a lot of companies and it is proving to be far quicker and easier to move freight in and out of GSP than going through the larger airports and airspace of ATL and CLT.  Logistically those can be time consuming nightmares sometimes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, gman said:

Does this mean we’re getting JetBlue and Alaska? :D 

3 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Yeah saw this too. https://paxex.aero/breeze-airways-initial-airports/

This certainly doesn't mean we won't get flights with them but it is a little frustrating to see Chas get everything.  CHS is definitely not an underserved market, which is what this airline says its targeting. I think we'll get them, and would be completely bummed if we don't. 

10 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Yeah saw this too. https://paxex.aero/breeze-airways-initial-airports/

This certainly doesn't mean we won't get flights with them but it is a little frustrating to see Chas get everything.  CHS is definitely not an underserved market, which is what this airline says its targeting. I think we'll get them, and would be completely bummed if we don't. 

Well, it looks like a large portion of their flights at least initially will be to and from Florida so it won’t be a huge loss if we don’t land them in my opinion as the last thing GSP needs is more flights to that state. If it was somewhere like Boston then it would be a different story. 

1 minute ago, gman430 said:

Well, it looks like a large portion of their flights at least initially will be to and from Florida so it won’t be a huge loss if we don’t land them in my opinion as the last thing GSP needs is more flights to that state. If it was somewhere like Boston then it would be a different story. 

Yeah we don't need any FL flights ( though i can't imagine CHS needing flights to FL). This is just the beginning though so we'll see. 

Going off of what’s able to get booked on American Airlines website, it looks they are bringing back non-stop direct service to Miami starting April 3rd. One flight each way per day seven days a week. Flown on Embraer 175.

GSP-MIA 7:40am-9:40am

MIA-GSP 9:00pm-11:02pm

GSP is going to gain five non-stop direct destination airports over the next few weeks: Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando, Denver, and Miami. 

Edited by gman430

12 hours ago, gman430 said:

Going off of what’s able to get booked on American Airlines website, it looks they are bringing back non-stop direct service to Miami starting April 3rd. One flight each way per day seven days a week. Flown on Embraer 175.

GSP-MIA 7:40am-9:40am

MIA-GSP 9:00pm-11:02pm

GSP is going to gain five non-stop direct destination airports over the next few weeks: Jacksonville, Tampa, Orlando, Denver, and Miami. 

I think we have Florida covered. Good to see Denver back but need more western non-stoos. 

2 hours ago, rssgvegas said:

Vino Volo has closed down.  Place is boarded up and sign has been taken down.  Vino Volo has also removed GSP from its location list.  No word on what may replace it.

I’m surprised if lasted this long. Same goes for Palmetto Moonshine. Who the heck buys wine and moonshine at an airport? 

Qdoba (if it’s still coming) and Chick-Fil-A were great landings for GSP. They need more food options like this and less like DC-3 or whatever it was called.

And where is JetBlue? :angry:

Edited by gman430