GSP International

gvillenative

27 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Other than a Boston flight what would be the big benefit? Wouldn't it just be another NY flight and maybe another Orlando?

Boston for sure. And maybe something out west. Would bring bigger pax numbers and possibly lower fares to GSP also. 

10 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

That's  good to see. I don't personally count the FL flights, as they are too close to fly to for me (except maybe Miami and Ft Lauderdale,  which are really the same market). It's high time we got some western routes, Boston,  and maybe a Canadian or Mexican route.

Definitely Boston and LA, which is why we need...

JETBLUE!!!! :D 

Edited by gman430

Allegiant Air

• Destinations include Ft. Lauderdale, Orlando/Sanford, and Tampa/St. Petersburg.
  • No new flights or destinations from GSP have been added in the past year.

American Airlines

• Destinations include Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami, Philadelphia, Washington D.C. (Reagan).
  • This month, the airline is increasing the number of flights from GSP to Dallas-Forth Worth, Chicago and Philadelphia. Also, five flights a week will be added to Washington, D.C., and daily flights to Miami, both of which were not offered in March, American Airlines spokeswoman Nichelle Barrett said.
  • Flights will also be added back to Reagan in Washington D.C. starting on April 2nd and Miami on April 3rd after being cut due to Covid-19.

Delta Airlines

• Destinations include Atlanta and Detroit. 
  • No new flights or destinations from GSP were added in the past year.

Silver Airways

• New to GSP on March 18, destinations include Jacksonville, Orlando and Tampa. These flights will provide connections to Silver’s network throughout Florida, the Bahamas, the Caribbean, and destinations worldwide.

Southwest Airlines

• Destinations include Atlanta, Baltimore, Houston-Hobby.
  • Last fall, Southwest added Houston as a destination from GSP.
  • "We are returning to our pre-pandemic flight activity in GSP with up to five daily departures to Atlanta, Baltimore/Washington and Houston," said Southwest spokesman Dan Landson. "These destinations will allow for easy access to Miami, Sarasota/Bradenton, Savannah and our news south Carolina destination, Myrtle Beach."

United Air 

• Destinations include Chicago, Denver, Houston, Newark, Washington D.C. (Dulles).
  • No new flights or destinations from GSP were added in the past year.
  • However, Denver was added back on March 29th after being cut due to Covid-19.
Edited by gman430

10 hours ago, rssgvegas said:

It's not.  United still has that service suspended.   No one is flying to the NYC area right now.

Unbelievable...NYC must be really hurting after this long period of isolation and shutdown.  It will take a very long while to recover.   :(

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gman430 said:

I’m not even surprised anymore. GSP management is a joke. Get rid of Milliken and let the City of Greenville run it I say. 

I know Asheville is a tourist area and all but it's not that much of a draw. Nothing on the scale of Charleston or MYB.  I just don't know how they are able to get so many flights with such a small metro.

4 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

I know Asheville is a tourist area and all but it's not that much of a draw. Nothing on the scale of Charleston or MYB.  I just don't know how they are able to get so many flights with such a small metro.

The renovation plans for Asheville's airport look very nice.  The images reminded me of the changes made at GSP.  As expected, regional competition is increasing the demand for investment.  GSP could struggle if Asheville becomes a serious competitor.  It's an easy drive up U.S. 25 and I-26, and the widening of I-26 (currently underway) will make it easier.

And Charlotte is adding another runway on top of that: https://www.wspa.com/news/state-news/charlotte-douglas-airport-runway-changes-will-affect-travelers/?fbclid=IwAR1PEAP14gUKW7AYyLfsiY0i4ZTot3NXAXTu4Ngt3wDh0P2YBJDmdyzWoQA

But we have Silver Airways. Woohoo. :D 

Gosh, it feels like I live in Columbia right now. :cry:

Edited by gman430

39 minutes ago, GvilleSC said:

Funny that you guys are talking Asheville. The last two times I have booked flights into Greenville through Expedia, their emails will use “flight to Asheville (GSP)” in their correspondence with me. It’s really confusing and strange. 

They’re gonna close GSP and make everybody start flying out of Asheville. :cry:

54 minutes ago, gman430 said:

They’re gonna close GSP and make everybody start flying out of Asheville. :cry:

I've not seen Asheville's airport plans, but their airport currently sucks. Old GSP was by far nicer, more spacious, and a better experience. They have a long way to go to match and surpass the renovated GSP.