GSP International

gvillenative

2 hours ago, Danmire said:

What's the reason for those type flights to GSP?

Cargo. A lot of the passenger planes are being reused for cargo due to them not being used for passengers right now thanks to Covid.

Edited by gman430

McKibbon selected as the hotel developer. Their proposal includes a $30 million development that has an initial 129 hotel rooms, over 3,000 square feet of meeting space, and unique features such as a rooftop restaurant, bar, and pool. They are proposing a soft brand hotel, which will allow for more flexibility with the décor and aesthetics to match the Airport District’s desires.

Passenger traffic is starting to recovery at a better rate. For March 2021, passenger traffic was at about 48% of normal traffic levels and we are seeing about a 60% recovery level for April 2021. In early May March 2021 passenger traffic reflects a 16.4% de- crease over the same month in 2020. Cargo numbers for March 2021 were up 89.4% for the same period. Passenger load factors were up 20.7% for the month at an average of 61.2%.

Providing a look forward into the service levels for June 2021 is a schedule comparison for the month vs the same month last year, including flights and seats by airline and non- stop markets served. Currently in the schedules, GSP flights are up at 116.1%, and seats are up at 123.0%.

Nonstop direct flights to Miami via American Airlines get cut at the beginning of June.  This service does return though in the middle of August so just a short leave of absence. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, gman430 said:

Congrats Charleston: https://onemileatatime.com/breeze-airways-routes/ Keep up the crappy work GSP. I’ll continue to fly out of Atlanta. 

I don't think this should be a surprise. It's a tourist city with the busiest airport in the state. Fly out of Atlanta? No thanks.

59 minutes ago, motonenterprises said:

I don't think this should be a surprise. It's a tourist city with the busiest airport in the state. Fly out of Atlanta? No thanks.

But but but all of the magazine articles keep talking about how Greenville is now a tourist destination and the greatest thing since Coronavirus. People are busting down the doors to visit here. :rolleyes: At least that’s what our fearless leaders on city council want you to think. 

Edited by gman430

7 hours ago, gman430 said:

But but but all of the magazine articles keep talking about how Greenville is now a tourist destination and the greatest thing since Coronavirus. People are busting down the doors to visit here. :rolleyes: At least that’s what our fearless leaders on city council want you to think. 

Well. The statistics say that the Greenville economy isn't based on tourism. It does though have the states largest GDP. You know this already though. A tourist city who's airport isn't near Atlanta and Charlotte as Greenville is will get more flights. It's just math.

8 hours ago, gman430 said:

A lot of those visitors are within driving distance. Greenville is a long weekend destination more than a week long destination from what I see.  That is still a vast improvement over a complete dearth of tourism in the late '90's.  

Definitely jealous that CHS beat us out, although I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually get some flights. Their initial goal seems to be connecting the rust belt to the sun belt and we are right in the middle with a growing retirement base.

You gotta laugh that the first route is from CHS to Florida though LOL, no thanks on that one.

3 hours ago, NewlyUpstate said:

Definitely jealous that CHS beat us out, although I wouldn't be surprised if we eventually get some flights. Their initial goal seems to be connecting the rust belt to the sun belt and we are right in the middle with a growing retirement base.

You gotta laugh that the first route is from CHS to Florida though LOL, no thanks on that one.

Agreed.

I was thinking CHS to Tampa couldn't be more than about 4 hours by car anyway, though I looked it up, and it says about 6.5. Still, I would just drive it. It's going to be hard not to feel cheated if we don't get something out of this, especially with us not having Jetblue. I think we will, but what do I know... 

...I mean, they did say they were looking at under-served markets, and GSP and CAE are way more under-served than CHS.

I still can’t believe Asheville is getting JetBlue and we aren’t. I feel like I live in Columbia or Augusta. No wait...Florence. :( And no non-stop direct flights to Boston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Francisco, or Seattle. Sad. It’s just sad.

Edited by gman430

1.png?token-time=1622332800&token-hash=seXa4M0qxGxtRLU_TnbjR7JUB6lN54HzQpsiKaU264I%3D

It says "Airports Authorized for Scheduled Operations", which sound like what we want. There are no guarantees of course, but this looks like great news. It also fits with the idea of secondary airports. Also notice that all our "big" airports are on here; GSP, CAE, CHS, and MYB. As far as I'm concerned, any service is welcome. This is exciting!

49 minutes ago, rssgvegas said:

Listed as an alternate or refueling airport.  Doesn't necessarily mean GSP is getting service.

Don’t go raining on my parade.  :cry:Repeat after me: “We are going to land Breeze. We are a tourist destination. We have the best airport ever.” :D 

Edited by gman430