GSP International

gvillenative

2 hours ago, distortedlogic said:

I mean, I'd take em, but I'd much rather have another airline Breeze into town, or even return to the Frontier.!:D

But blue is my favorite color. :D And I am going to Alaska next month. Flying out of GSP oddly enough. 

Edited by gman430

4 hours ago, GvilleSC said:

I just got a steal on multi-city, round trip tickets from GSP to Europe. I was amazed at how cheap it was. It’s a great time to book flights, even out of GSP! 

Just wondering how you guys book your flights to get the best price?  The airlines website? A third party such as Travelocity? Other? TIA

10 minutes ago, apaladin said:

Just wondering how you guys book your flights to get the best price?  The airlines website? A third party such as Travelocity? Other? TIA

I ended up browsing fares through Kayak and then booking directly through American -- but, only because I had travel credits from the pandemic to apply to my payment. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, apaladin said:

Incognito mode on the browser. Google Flights. I backcheck with capital one travel to see if I want to use points. 

Incognito mode is key with booking travel. You can run a simple test and look it up in an incognito browser. Then look it up in a normal browser, and refresh a few times. The rate will go up in the regular browser but not the incognito.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, gman430 said:

I see United is saying they’re about to boost service throughout the country. Hopefully that includes GSP. This Delta variant of Covid has me concerned though. 

United is about to go back to pre pandemic level flights at GSP in October.  They also seem to be looking to add flights for away fans coming to Clemson games.  In Sept and 1st weekend of October, United has nonstops to and from Atlanta and Boston for the Ga Tech and BC games respectively.  Why Atlanta?  Who knows lol.  Their flight schedule isn't finalized after that so no word on what they may be doing the rest of the the football season.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, rssgvegas said:

United is about to go back to pre pandemic level flights at GSP in October.  They also seem to be looking to add flights for away fans coming to Clemson games.  In Sept and 1st weekend of October, United has nonstops to and from Atlanta and Boston for the Ga Tech and BC games respectively.  Why Atlanta?  Who knows lol.  Their flight schedule isn't finalized after that so no word on what they may be doing the rest of the the football season.

Where would you stop between Greenville and Atlanta?? :rofl:

Flying to Austin next weekend. Checked GSP, CLT, ATL, AGS, CAE, and AVL. The cheapest airport to fly out of after checking them all and the one I will be doing so is…Asheville. Go figure. Thank you Allegiant. It’s non stop direct also which makes it even better. The flight times work perfect for me also. 

However, I will be flying out of GSP in both August when I go to Alaska and September when I go to Vermont so it’s not all bad news. 

Edited by gman430

11 hours ago, gman430 said:

Flying to Austin next weekend. Checked GSP, CLT, ATL, AGS, CAE, and AVL. The cheapest airport to fly out of after checking them all and the one I will be doing so is…Asheville. Go figure. Thank you Allegiant. It’s non stop direct also which makes it even better. The flight times work perfect for me also. 

However, I will be flying out of GSP in both August when I go to Alaska and September when I go to Vermont so it’s not all bad news. 

Allegiant has some great flight options from Asheville.. Boston, Chicago, Minneapolis, Vegas, Austin, DC, NYC (plus a ton of Florida flights).  I did the Chicago flight a few months ago and it was a breeze. I was sort of surprised at how small that airport is.

Edited by NewlyUpstate

On 5/25/2021 at 3:56 AM, gman430 said:

:yahoo: :yahoo: Let’s roll: 

GSP-Miami with American will be increasing from once a day currently to twice a day starting in August. 

GSP-Chicago (ORD) with American will be increasing from twice a day currently to three times a day starting in September. 

GSP-Washington DC (DCA) with American will be increasing from once a day currently to three times a day starting in August.

GSP-Detroit with Delta will be increasing from twice a day currently to three times a day starting in September.

GSP-NYC (LaGuardia) with Delta will be increasing from once a day in June to twice a day starting in August. 

GSP-Atlanta with Delta will be increasing from six times a day currently to seven times a day starting in July and then up to eight times a day starting in August.

GSP-Washington DC (IAD) with United will be increasing from three times a daily currently to four times a day starting in July.

GSP-New York (EWR) with United will be returning in August with one flight a day increasing to three times a day starting in September. 

GSP-Atlanta with Southwest will be increasing from twice  a day currently to three times a day starting in September. 

GSP-Charlotte with American will be increasing from eight times a day currently to nine times a day starting in August. 

GSP-Philadelphia with American will be increasing from one time a day currently to three times a day starting in June. 

Miami (MIA) pushed back to October with flights once a day. 

Chicago (ORD) going from twice a day currently to once a day in September then back to twice a day in October. 

Washington DC (DCA) going from once a day currently to twice a day starting in the middle of August. 

Detroit (DTW) to remain at two flights a day. 

New York City (LaGuardia) going from once a day currently to three times a day starting in October.

Atlanta (ATL) to remain at eight flights a day. 

Washington DC (IAD) going from three flights a day currently to four flights a day starting in October.  

New York/Newark (EWR) going from one flight a day currently to two flights a day in October. 

Atlanta (ATL) to remain at two flights a day. 

Charlotte (CLT) to remain at eight flights a day. 

Philadelphia (PHL) to remain at three flights a day. 

Edited by gman430
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2021 at 3:07 AM, rssgvegas said:

United has added a special nonstop from GSP to Syracuse for the Clemson game.  The flight to SYR leaves GSP at 6:30pm on Thursday, October 14th and arrives in SYR at 8:59pm.  The return to GSP is Saturday morning, October 16th at 8:00am and arrives back at GSP at 10:18am.  

United is already selling roundtrip tickets on it's website for as low as $217 round trip.  Just a FYI for anyone wanting to head up!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GSP better watch out. Flying out of Asheville this morning and my flight to Austin is almost completely full. This is on an Airbus A320 which is no small plane. With Sun Country and JetBlue coming there along with non-stop direct flights to Austin, Minneapolis, Denver, Boston, and Las Vegas I might be flying out of GSP less and less in the future especially if Asheville has cheaper prices which was the case today. It’s also a really easy and convenient airport to get to and move around in. 

Edited by gman430

Wow. Direct to Minneapolis. I might have to take that flight.

I live close to Furman and it isn't that much of a difference between Asheville airport and GSP. Honestly, I never even think to check Asheville, but I need to get in that habit I guess.  On the other hand, the I-26 construction is a real bottleneck up there.  

52 minutes ago, vicupstate said:

Wow. Direct to Minneapolis. I might have to take that flight.

I live close to Furman and it isn't that much of a difference between Asheville airport and GSP. Honestly, I never even think to check Asheville, but I need to get in that habit I guess.  On the other hand, the I-26 construction is a real bottleneck up there.  

Yeah. Both Allegiant and Sun Country start service there beginning on October 7th. I actually saw a guy wearing a Furman shirt boarding my flight. 

15 hours ago, gman430 said:

GSP better watch out. Flying out of Asheville this morning and my flight to Austin is almost completely full. This is on an Airbus A320 which is no small plane. With Sun Country and JetBlue coming there along with non-stop direct flights to Austin, Minneapolis, Denver, Boston, and Las Vegas I might be flying out of GSP less and less in the future especially if Asheville has cheaper prices which was the case today. It’s also a really easy and convenient airport to get to and move around in. 

It might be convenient when the 30 year overdue I-26 construction is done in 5 years but until then I’ll stick with GSP. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gman430 said:

Some of those flights are seasonal and the others are twice a week. All the major airlines still have more flights from GSP. I would like to have a non-stop to Las Vegas even if it is just twice a week. Allegiant has all of the above flights except the only flight Sun Country offers to Minneapolis which again us twice a week. Allegiant apparently has a thing for Asheville.  GSP still has over twice as many daily flights as AVL with flights to Miami, New York, Detroit, Houston, Philadelphia etc. 

Edited by apaladin

On 7/30/2021 at 9:10 PM, apaladin said:

Some of those flights are seasonal and the others are twice a week. All the major airlines still have more flights from GSP. I would like to have a non-stop to Las Vegas even if it is just twice a week. Allegiant has all of the above flights except the only flight Sun Country offers to Minneapolis which again us twice a week. Allegiant apparently has a thing for Asheville.  GSP still has over twice as many daily flights as AVL with flights to Miami, New York, Detroit, Houston, Philadelphia etc. 

Don’t forget that Asheville is also getting JetBlue.