GSP International

gvillenative

26 minutes ago, olrob said:

gman, just do Asheville...maybe change your username to "aman420" :tw_lol:

Oh I plan to more and more especially with them landing JetBlue and non-stop direct service to Boston: https://wlos.com/newsletter-daily/discount-airline-jetblue-coming-to-asheville-regional-airport-in-2022  GSP couldn’t land that service if it punched them dead square in the face. All they care about is cargo service. Love how easy and convenient it is to use the Asheville airport also. It’s even easier than GSP. 

Edited by gman430

20 hours ago, gman430 said:

Love how easy and convenient it is to use the Asheville airport also. It’s even easier than GSP. 

That is absolutely true.  Any airport that is much much smaller with half the passenger traffic is gonna be easier from a passenger perspective than the larger airport!

Just weighing in here, as a person who moved from Asheville to Greenville.  What this area needs is fast, reliable, regular transportation between the two airports, so everyone can go where they need the fastest, for the best price.  Hell, it works for New York, with their three major airports, and it works for Chicago with O'Hare and Midway.  It works for any region with more than one airport.  Here it would work because Asheville and Greenville don't attract the same clientele to fly out and don't attract the same passengers flying in.  People go to Asheville to play and retire -- that's why the airlines are obsessed with connecting Asheville to every commercial airport in Florida, so the developers can advertise to new saps.  Meanwhile, people come to Greenville to work.  In fact, as the TV stations were forever reminding us, this is a region: Greenville-Spartanburg-Asheville-Anderson (Poor Anderson, always so lonely there at the end...), and it would benefit a lot of us if it started to really function as a region where different parts of the region serve different purposes, but they all work together all the same.  (And while I'm dreaming, while I dream of commuter rail and airports working together, I'd also like a pony.)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Welp…I am flying out of GSP this weekend, two weeks from now, over Thanksgiving, and over Christmas. Damn. :lol: By the way, my flight to London out of GSP was $666. Out of Atlanta, the flight would have cost $1,092 and out of Charlotte it would have cost $643 for the same days. Definitely not worth driving up to Charlotte to save $23.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gman430 said:

Welp…I am flying out of GSP this weekend, two weeks from now, over Thanksgiving, and over Christmas. Damn. :lol: By the way, my flight to London out of GSP was $666. Out of Atlanta, the flight would have cost $1,092 and out of Charlotte it would have cost $643 for the same days. Definitely not worth driving up to Charlotte to save $23.

$666? Might want to pay an extra dollar, just in case. :tw_smile:

• Haha 1

I’m not saying it’s a new carrier but GSP started following JetBlue on Twitter very recently. :ph34r: And the route GSP is trying the hardest to get is Boston followed by Toronto.  My guess is Boston either by Delta or JetBlue. 

Edited by gman430

Good find. :) Not sure who flies to New Haven :dontknow: but definitely a good airline to land due them not already at GSP, flying full size planes, and being west coast destinations mostly. Still not as good as landing JetBlue or Alaska though. Time to change my profile picture again. :lol: 

Edited by gman430

33 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Good find. :) Not sure who flies to New Haven :dontknow: but definitely a good airline to land due them not already at GSP, flying full size planes, and being west coast destinations mostly. Still not as good as landing JetBlue or Alaska though. Time to change my profile picture again. :lol: 

Well if it ends up being Jetblue to Boston you won't have anything to whine about in the airport thread. :lol:

For real though, it sounds interesting - the more options the better.

27 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

Well if it ends up being Jetblue to Boston you won't have anything to whine about in the airport thread. :lol:

For real though, it sounds interesting - the more options the better.

I would start complaining that we don’t have Alaska Airlines especially due to the fact that I have a credit card with them. :P 

17 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

According to this, they don't fly anywhere in the East, why would they start with GSP to HVN? 

Avelo Route Map

They’re creating an east coast base at New Haven: https://patch.com/connecticut/newhaven/avelo-airlines-plans-many-new-direct-flights-tweed-airport As to why New Haven? Who knows. :huh: And how is that one of the most requested destinations out of GSP? Makes no sense to me.

Edited by gman430

21 minutes ago, gman430 said:

I would start complaining that we don’t have Alaska Airlines especially due to the fact that I have a credit card with them. :P 

They’re creating an east coast base at New Haven: https://patch.com/connecticut/newhaven/avelo-airlines-plans-many-new-direct-flights-tweed-airport As to why New Haven? Who knows. :huh: And how is that one of the most requested destinations out of GSP? Makes no sense to me.

Yeah, very interesting; I guess they'll sell it as a "Boston area" flight option. I don't know, this wouldn't be a game changer (if it happens) and there are far more exciting options, but on the other hand, it could be a good thing to get in with a new airline early; maybe room for future growth, especially if it does pretty well?

Isn't gate A7 where Frontier was?  I would still like for them to return but maybe that plane has flown...:(