GSP International

gvillenative

21 minutes ago, Exile said:

San Diego has only one runway, so we’re in good company.

But Greenville has four active runways, and one inactive. So there’s that…..

That's wild, I never realized SAN was a single runway airport.  London Gatwick is too.  San Diego serves 25 million passengers, Gatwick serves 47 million passengers. Both 10-20x more than GSP.

GSP's runway is actually 2000-ft longer than San Diego's.

Edited by NewlyUpstate

48 minutes ago, distortedlogic said:

I'm becoming a little more interested as I read about this airline. They seem to be using a certain focus model that may end up being quite successful; serving unserved routes in underserved markets; a la Breeze, but with a certain focus on amenities in smaller planes that are much easier to fly and fill. It seems very business oriented to me, but would certainly be open to non-business travelers as well. They maintain they want to redefine regional flying, which is probably a pretty good model.

I am having a hard time finding exact numbers but it looks like their fleet size is b/w 13 and 25. If they are going to add more destinations it could be a really good fit for an airport GSPs size. Only considerations I think will be the price and fleet size; they'll have to add more planes to expand much. If it is primarily for the business travelers price won't be as much of a deterrent. Not sure I'll ever fly them; just based on driveability and price, but it will be good to have the options and see the airport grow. Growth often begets growth. It could also be a good way to get into some other markets that is harder to get with the big planes; such as places like Ohio, New Orleans, St Louis, etc; if they keep expanding.

https://www.contouraviation.com/blog/contour-airlines-continues-rapid-growth-with-fleet-expansion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contour_Airlines

One thing I really like about Contour from what I see is the seats look really comfortable with good pitch and they don’t charge extra for a checked bag. If they start service to Pittsburgh or Milwaukee, I will probably end up flying them.

Edited by gman430

• 2 weeks later...

Flew out of GSP this morning. My flight was completely full. Qdoba is now open. Loved seeing them, Chick Fil A, Dunkin, and Hudson open at 4:30am. New way finding signage is starting to go up around the airport property. Hopefully they will eventually light up at night. Otherwise you won’t be able to see them at all in the dark due to how small they are. Any word on when Thomas Creek and RJ Rockers will reopen if ever? Hopefully something replaces Vine Vellow or whatever it was called soon. Took less than 20 minutes to get from the economy lot to the gate also. That includes having to check a bag. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, gman430 said:

Flew out of GSP this morning. My flight was completely full. Qdoba is now open. Loved seeing them, Chick Fil A, Dunkin, and Hudson open at 4:30am. New way finding signage is starting to go up around the airport property. Hopefully they will eventually light up at night. Otherwise you won’t be able to see them at all in the dark due to how small they are. Any word on when Thomas Creek and RJ Rockers will reopen if ever? Hopefully something replaces Vine Vellow or whatever it was called soon. Took less than 20 minutes to get from the economy lot to the gate also. That includes having to check a bag. 

Glad to hear you had a good experience. Is there a shuttle from the new economy lot, and do they provide a covered waiting shelter? 

1 hour ago, GvilleSC said:

Glad to hear you had a good experience. Is there a shuttle from the new economy lot, and do they provide a covered waiting shelter? 

The new economy lot is not open. Only the old one with the entrance location is. No shuttle service either right now. All of it is due to Covid. 

Edited by gman430

• 2 weeks later...

Passenger traffic is recovering at a much better rate. For July 2021, passenger traffic was at about 80% of normal traffic levels and based on our preliminary numbers we are seeing about a 74% recovery level for August 2021. In July 2021 passenger traffic reflects a 169.9% increase over the same month in 2020. Cargo numbers for July 2021 were up 35.1% for the same period. Passenger load factors were up 60.9% for the month, at an average of 81.5%.

188,868 passengers in July 2021 compared with 69,970 passengers in July 2020 and 238,307 passengers in July 2019.

Providing a look forward into the service levels for October 2021 is a schedule comparison for the month vs the same month last year, including flights and seats by airline and non-stop markets served. Currently in the schedules, GSP flights are up at 92.9%, and seats are up at 88.1%. Non-stop direct daily service to Miami with American Airlines will be resuming October 8th.

Edited by gman430

• 1 month later...

United to Newark was increased to twice daily on October 5th.

United to Washington Dulles was increased to four times daily on October 5th. 

Delta to New York City LaGuardia was increased to three times daily on October 11th. 

Contour starts service on Wednesday. 

Edited by gman430
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, distortedlogic said:

Meh; give it up Gman. I guess a Boston flight would be a good addition but no biggie otherwise... Need to work on some more western flights again; I still hate Frontier left.

Alaska Airlines to Seattle would work too. :D I would prefer Alaska anyways due to me having a credit card and a ton of miles with them. 

Edited by gman430

On 11/17/2021 at 12:00 PM, gman430 said:

Asheville just landed Minneapolis with Delta and they’re going to double their terminal size: https://wlos.com/news/local/asheville-regional-airport-to-double-size-of-terminal :D I can’t wait. Keep up the great work GSP. 

Don't tell Gman430, but Delta is also flying CHS to Minneapolis starting in April.