Battleship IKEA reaches Atlanta

Martinman

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think it's their 3rd or 4th biggest in North America.  Yeehaw - gonna whore my lust of materialism away when this baby opens :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea, I heard tonight thats it's the 3rd biggest in the country! I am gonna go opening day to see if it's as crazy as I've heard. I can't wait to load up on stuff for the dorm. :w00t:

I don't see any reason why a Crate & Barrel wouldn't be in Charlotte. I figured you all already had one at Southpark or the one around Pineville. But they are building them in power centers now - so that is another possibility.

But I've bought some decent stuff from them - such as a mission style tv stand for a pretty reasonable amount.

I don't see any reason why a Crate & Barrel wouldn't be in Charlotte.  I figured you all already had one at Southpark or the one around Pineville.  But they are building them in power centers now - so that is another possibility.

But I've bought some decent stuff from them - such as a mission style tv stand for a pretty reasonable amount.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had no idea they were building them in power centers! I don't think it would fit with a power center in Clt though. But I agree Neo, C&B 1st, IKEA 2nd

What exactly does IKEA sell? I've never quite figured that out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They sell furniture and home accessories. It's not the best quality, but the prices reflect that. Very inexpensive. They also have a Swedish market and cafe that sells things like meatballs with lingonberry sauce. Good, cheap eats! IKEA-USA

We drove through AS a few weeks ago on a trip to ATL. It's HUGE. I love it! I'm planning a trip down when it opens in June.

• 1 month later...

Ikea's great for housewares, imo. I love their dishes, those nice deep bowls, and the glassware. Their knickknacks are nice too. They had great area rugs too, with low prices, and easy to care for.

The furniture is just alright, but I do like some of the glass furniture. And if you're looking for cheap desks, I think they're the best. Even more so if you travel. They have those tabletops with 4 screw in legs. Excellent if you're not too picky about your desk, just need somewhere to stick your monitor (ahem, other than my kitchen table). The ready to assemble stuff they have, I found easier than walmart/target/staples stuff.

Lighting! Good selection of floor and table lamps, ceiling, etc.

Linens, too. I like their quilt designs alot. Not sure, but I think the biggest reason Ikea appeals to me is the simple designs, some color, nothing too outlandish or cheap looking, and holds up to rental lifestyle. And, if my tables were to break, I wouldn't cry because I didn't pay alot for them. The designs are more trendy than what you'll find at Walmart/Target.

I'm so glad we've got an Ikea now. But, I wouldn't do the opening day for anything. They're open today and tomorrow (July 4), though. I'm planning on visiting tomorrow. :)

Archived