Norfolk/Portsmouth skyline

krdarden

Yeah, i figured it out. The pic is no longer availiable though so i sent him a message to see if he could give us one. You're right about HH, it's not even on the screen, I'm gonna see what pics i can find of the skyline that someone could easily photoshop and post it here. There is no shortage of photoshop talent on the internet, there must be someone who can help us  :lol: .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, Vdogg, perhaps you can see if someone from the Charlotte sites can do this for us! I see that someone there has filled in their skyline with all the proposed towers and condos and did a magnificent job too. I am sure that if provide some great photos of downtown Norfolk and the proposed towers we have coming down the pike, they could provide us with a glimpse of our future skyline or at least a taste of phase 1 of what could become something that would even have Charlotte downtowners in amazement over.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, Vdogg, perhaps you can see if someone from the Charlotte sites can do this for us! I see that someone there has filled in their skyline with all the proposed towers and condos and did a magnificent job too. I am sure that if provide some great photos of downtown Norfolk and the proposed towers we have coming down the pike, they could provide us with a glimpse of our future skyline or at least a taste of phase 1 of what could become something that would even have Charlotte downtowners in amazement over.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm... It's possible. I want to be real careful how to approach this one :lol::) . I think i'd rather have in house talent who is familiar with the area do it because they can give us a more accurate representation because they know the layouts of the streets. Anybody's welcome to try. We could even have a Norfolk skyline photoshop contest :) .

Hey, this is verycoolnin thanks for posting my photoshop picture.  It might not be much but damn it I tried. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You did very good and welcome to the forum. I've been trying to get you over here for months, lol. As you can see it's very lively and you are amongst people who can actually appreciate what Hampton Roads has to offer.

You did very good and welcome to the forum. I've been trying to get you over here for months, lol. As you can see it's very lively and you are amongst people who can actually appreciate what Hampton Roads has to offer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This site is da bomb! :ph34r:

Hey V-dogg, do you suppose that the price-tag on the courts-complex includes both the courts building and a new city hall tower? I was just thinking of how much it would cost to construct say a 23 story city hall tower and could there be enough let over to still provide a 15-17 story courts tower as well! Do you recall what the city estimate the cost of the project will be?

This site is da bomb! :ph34r:

Hey V-dogg, do you suppose that the price-tag on the courts-complex includes both the courts building and a new city hall tower? I was just thinking of how much it would cost to construct say a 23 story city hall tower and could there be enough let over to still provide a 15-17 story courts tower as well! Do you recall what the city estimate the cost of the project will be?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, absolutely not. The money passed in the city budget was for the courts complex only. As of yet no money has been allocated to a new city hall tower to my understanding. The city hall tower is in more of the 3-5 year range.

Nice job!!  :D  Just one question though, what is the light-blue/teal building farthest to the left? I know the brown one is Harbor's Edge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Out of all people you should know. :D

B: 14-story apartment building; site work underway (update 5/24/05:"It's a project still in the speculative stages. They would buy and develop the City-owned parking lot at the SW corner of Brambleton and

Duke." Thanks Okinawa  )

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=11642

Nice job!!  :D  Just one question though, what is the light-blue/teal building farthest to the left? I know the brown one is Harbor's Edge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very nice indeed! Can you guys image the next wave of development and what the skyline will look like?

The downtown plaza development will perhaps fill in the gaps towards the middle of the photo and I think that a tower may rise on the site of the bus station also.

Add Atlantic city to the mix along with the P-town skyline and you have a skyline that is off-the-charts literally! :blink:

Alright, here's the final project

Norfolk2.JPG

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow great work man but I got two questions... first what is the brown building to the farthest to the left? Second, what is the green and white building to the left of Granby Tower supposed to be?

Plus you're missing Harbor Heights which won't be too obvious but should be able to "peek" in the airspace between the West Main St. Tower and your green and white tower. Otherwise, I love the work, it kinda opened my eyes of how drastic downtown norfolk's skyline is changing :thumbsup:

Wow great work man but I got two questions... first what is the brown building to the farthest to the left? Second, what is the green and white building to the left of Granby Tower supposed to be?

Plus you're missing Harbor Heights which won't be too obvious but should be able to "peek" in the airspace between the West Main St. Tower and your green and white tower. Otherwise, I love the work, it kinda opened my eyes of how drastic downtown norfolk's skyline is changing  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brown building farthest to left: Harbor's Edge in Fort Norfolk/Atlantic City

Green and white building to the left of Granby Tower: Harbor Heights

Brown building farthest to left: Harbor's Edge in Fort Norfolk/Atlantic City

Harbor's Edge would not be seen in that picture.

Great Job!! It give us a better understanding of what all these projects will look like in the skyline.

Harbor's Edge would not be seen in that picture.

Great Job!! It give us a better understanding of what all these projects will look like in the skyline.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't think Harbor's Edge would be in that pic realistically, but i think he intended that to be Harbor's Edge, right?

I didn't think Harbor's Edge would be in that pic realistically, but i think he intended that to be Harbor's Edge, right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, that was his intention, but it would probably be further to the left. Realistically there is no one shot that will fit our entire future skyline from ground level, at least i don't think there is.

Yes, that was his intention, but it would probably be further to the left. Realistically there is no one shot that will fit our entire future skyline from ground level, at least i don't think there is.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's awesome. Despite drastic increases in the appearance of height the volume alone adds so much to the skyline. What's that monster behind First VA?

A proposed 35-40 story office tower. The building just left of Grandy is this: "F: Tidewater Community College Administration Building - 16 to 18 story building to house consolidated and relocated administrative functions into a single location. (update: Demolition and site work is currently underway on this project)"

• 2 weeks later...

portvisionbig.gif

Ok, guys. We need some pics that show both the Norfolk Portsmouth skyline together so

we can photoshop in the 6 new towers. Above is a rough rendering the locations of the towers are listed in the pilot article that i have linked to in the "6 new towers for Portmouth" thread.

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is ancient but I thought that due to recent events we may want to revise this a bit. Rivers Edge, possible St. Pauls tower, Wachovia Center need to be added to a skyline shot. Hilton and Hoffler can stay for now till more details emerge. Former Ghent South and Brambleton need to be scrapped obviously. I really want to see a skyline photoshop coming from 264 though as this is the main approach to the city (most people don't see the skyline from the water. Wachovia, and Granby which are both pretty much in the bag will really stretch the skyline towards Brambleton (the effect will be profound). Rivers Edge, which is a bit less certain, will really help to envelop the area. When you have highrises all around it will really add to the depth of the area and the sense of being "in the city" so to speak. Any takers on getting a new photo for a skyline shot? :)

I know this thread is ancient but I thought that due to recent events we may want to revise this a bit. Rivers Edge, possible St. Pauls tower, Wachovia Center need to be added to a skyline shot. Hilton and Hoffler can stay for now till more details emerge. Former Ghent South and Brambleton need to be scrapped obviously. I really want to see a skyline photoshop coming from 264 though as this is the main approach to the city (most people don't see the skyline from the water. Wachovia, and Granby which are both pretty much in the bag will really stretch the skyline towards Brambleton (the effect will be profound). Rivers Edge, which is a bit less certain, will really help to envelop the area. When you have highrises all around it will really add to the depth of the area and the sense of being "in the city" so to speak. Any takers on getting a new photo for a skyline shot? :)

Archived