Norfolk/Portsmouth skyline

krdarden

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be nice to have some virtual rendering of what the skyline will look like in the next 10 years. Maybe we could create it... Just a thought.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds cool... but like a lot of work too.. I wonder how that would be done?

renderingNorfolk.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Doesn't quite cut it, eh? But yeah... someone take that pic as a starting point or something like it. If I had photoshop I would gladly put actual effort into it, but alas, I don't. :(

Even this makes me smile looking at it. You forgot Harbor heights though but this is a good pic to start with :) .

renderingNorfolk.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Doesn't quite cut it, eh?  But yeah... someone take that pic as a starting point or something like it.  If I had photoshop I would gladly put actual effort into it, but alas, I don't.  :(

Even this makes me smile looking at it. You forgot Harbor heights though but this is a good pic to start with  :) .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you forgot the cruise ship terminal and i think you should be able to put HH on that too.

Are u sure about this? It will be approx. the same height as 150 West main and will be between Trader and Granby in that pic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I make NO guarantees as far as accuracy of building heights lol. But subtract a cm. from the height in the pic---just for ideas of scale.

renderingNorfolk2.jpg

Added the "alleged" 35-40 story tower and the new city hall (somewhat behind it)  lol.  I'm only doing this to understand some sort of sense of scale with what they're building.  HAHAHA---as an artist this makes me laugh and want to cry!  lol!  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's great. I'm already filling in the white boxes with my mind :lol::) . It may be crude but it's a tool that really helps the imagination. :)

That's great. I'm already filling in the white boxes with my mind  :lol:  :) . It may be crude but it's a tool that really helps the imagination.  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where did the info come from for a possible 35-40 story building? Do you really think its going to become a reality?

Where did the info come from for a possible 35-40 story building? Do you really think its going to become a reality?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's been rumored---particularly on here---for a while and with the market downtown the way it is... it could happen. Depends on financing, the companies involved, the architects, the city's economic environment in however many years... etc. etc. I hope it does though... it'll really transform the skyline.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't know. Beyond a couple of mentionings last year on various sites and rumors from different people i haven't heard anything concrete about it. With all the developers now interested in Norfolk though we'll prolly get some sort of tower on that property.

Don't know. Beyond a couple of mentionings last year on various sites and rumors from different people i haven't heard anything concrete about it. With all the developers now interested in Norfolk though we'll prolly get some sort of tower on that property though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really hope they would build something around the 50 story range. and make it the Norfolk signature building.

vdogg, the guy who made the old rendering was "oduguy" i think. I think he was on SSC. Also, on the rendering, HH wouldn't fit in there. It is back farther, and Granby is back a lot farther then some realize. Good job though, Trader and Hilton are most likely pretty accurate.

vdogg, the guy who made the old rendering was "oduguy" i think. I think he was on SSC. Also, on the rendering, HH wouldn't fit in there. It is back farther, and Granby is back a lot farther then some realize. Good job though, Trader and Hilton are most likely pretty accurate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, i figured it out. The pic is no longer availiable though so i sent him a message to see if he could give us one. You're right about HH, it's not even on the screen, I'm gonna see what pics i can find of the skyline that someone could easily photoshop and post it here. There is no shortage of photoshop talent on the internet, there must be someone who can help us :lol: .

Archived