willy

Norfolk Pictures

These are nice Willy. I just love that pic with the giant cruise ship in the background. We'll be seeing a lot more of that once the new cruise ship terminal is finished. :)

It will be nice to see more buildings in the near future going up to make the city skyline look much bigger. I always thought Norfolk's downtown was small for the size of the area.

wow great shots. Norfolk seems to have gotten so much bigger since I left. cant wait to go back and visit in about a year from now. By the way, where were you at for the pictures from Ghent, cant think of any structures that high over there?

P4280092.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Trader, harbor heights, the Hilton, will all fill in the right side of this picture quite nicely. I can't wait! :) Granby will help fill in the left.

edit: the new brambleton tower will help fill in the right side as well.

Edited by vdogg

Trader, harbor heights, the Hilton, and Granby will all fill in the right side of this picture quite nicely. I can't wait!

Granby would be just to the left of the AT&T building, but you're right about the others, they will fill in the gaps on the right side in a few years.

Thanks for all the kind words fellas.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the great pictures Willy. Looking at those pics of Ghent and oddly enough the NIT terminals, was truly the first time in 18+ months that I have felt homesick.

Thanks for the great pictures Willy. Looking at those pics of Ghent and oddly enough the NIT terminals, was truly the first time in 18+ months that I have felt homesick.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where r u staying now Glassoul?

Cool... how do you like it?  If the winters weren't so bad I would seriously think of moving there.  And of course I would live in Habitat 67 even though it's not really close to anything.

BTW how do you like PFK? :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had a really long response typed out, but then thought better of it as not being the appropriate place to discuss it. Suffice to say that Montr

Edited by Glassoul

PFK<KFC: We don't have the same menu choices you have there.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes but you have "poutine" hah hah mmmmmm... only Homer Simpson could appreciate that (fries covered with gravy and chunks of cheese).

I was last in Montreal in April and had to see the PFK myself (they don't call them that in any other francophone country to my knowledge).

I am surprised that Habitat 67 is not more developed. There is just a small slip of land there that is a park or something (?) that would be great to develop. I think that they are doing something on the other side of it though... And I can imagine it would cost tons of cash. But it is so far from anywhere "a pied" I think that I would rather live in another more lively area that was walkable and on a metro stop.