Norfolk Pictures

willy

PFK<KFC: We don't have the same menu choices you have there. Far less choice actually. No macaroni and cheese, no mashed potatos or potato wedges. Cole Slaw that leaves a lot to be desired. Fast Food in general here is not up to par with what it is in the U.S., and it is generally more expensive. About $7.50 CAD total for a combo at Subway for example.  However, there are lots more caf

I would love to see more cafes and Bistros spring up here. I'm tired of fast food, to me it's dull and boring. I guess if i were to move away from the states i'd start to miss it, i just want something different to come along.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think OV should start putting some cafe's on the beach around all the development that would be awesome looking at the bay.

I think OV should start putting some cafe's on the beach around all the development that would be awesome looking at the bay.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, that would be a great idea actually. I went to Oceanview the other day to view all the new construction. It's starting to take on the look and feel of a New England coastal town. All of the homes were quite beautiful. It is amazing that we can have such variety of architecture in one city.

That is the 'problem' with VB. Mostly only fast food joints. I hope one day they extend the TC area and build up the density and maybe include some nice bistros and cafes. That sounds so cool.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The problem now is the fact that Johnson and Wales is leaving now so now we will not have good quality chefs staying here. They will go to culinary school and move some where else. It's sad. This place has some much potential and i can not figure why no one is taking advantage of this area? Location is key in the potential of this area and we are located in a great location!!!!

Edited by rusthebuss

• 3 weeks later...
:D DT Norfolk---regardless of its number of highrises and their individual heights---is a beautiful area. The apartments and condos are a little pricy... but the quality is also very high. 388 Boush, Granby, and other new developments currently underway aren't too far off the richter scale in price... particularly 388 Boush... I wish someone would come along with a high-rise apartment tower devoted to middle-class/middle-income singles and families. Lol. DEFINITELY just said that for VB's CBD as well, but alas... the middle-income-ers are relegated to 3-story walk-ups a few miles out of downtowns. Lol.

norfolkfrompeta.jpg

Here's a very recent image of downtown Norfolk from the PETA building area.  Notice all the new residential buildings....and the cruise ship!  I love all the new and redeveloped buildings going up downtown but the prices are out of this world!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm honored that your first post is in here Cali. Welcome. Do you currently live in this area?

:D  DT Norfolk---regardless of its number of highrises and their individual heights---is a beautiful area.  The apartments and condos are a little pricy... but the quality is also very high.  388 Boush, Granby, and other new developments currently underway aren't too far off the richter scale in price... particularly 388 Boush...  I wish someone would come along with a high-rise apartment tower devoted to middle-class/middle-income singles and families.  Lol.  DEFINITELY just said that for VB's CBD as well, but alas... the middle-income-ers are relegated to 3-story walk-ups a few miles out of downtowns.  Lol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Both cities need a few developments in theri downtowns for the middle class housing.

:D  DT Norfolk---regardless of its number of highrises and their individual heights---is a beautiful area.  The apartments and condos are a little pricy... but the quality is also very high.  388 Boush, Granby, and other new developments currently underway aren't too far off the richter scale in price... particularly 388 Boush...  I wish someone would come along with a high-rise apartment tower devoted to middle-class/middle-income singles and families.  Lol.  DEFINITELY just said that for VB's CBD as well, but alas... the middle-income-ers are relegated to 3-story walk-ups a few miles out of downtowns.  Lol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you! I think DT Norfolk is a great place and getting better all the time. I think the quality of the lofts, condos, etc is really superior but, unfortunately, out of my price range. I too wish something would come along for us middle class/income folks in the area. Maybe if the redevelopment continues on the other side of Brambleton there will be something....hopefully! :D

Cali are you new to the area.. military perhaps?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Been here about 6 years. Moved with my job from Los Angeles. Not military though. I've got hundreds of photos of DT Norfolk that I've taken over the past couple years. I really like where it seems to be going. I'll try to dig some of them out for the forum. I'm an architecture nut and love urban areas....guess I've found the right place, huh?! ;)

Been here about 6 years.  Moved with my job from Los Angeles.  Not military though.  I've got hundreds of photos of DT Norfolk that I've taken over the past couple years.  I really like where it seems to be going.  I'll try to dig some of them out for the forum.  I'm an architecture nut and love urban areas....guess I've found the right place, huh?! ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, great story. Good to have you here! And yes, feel free to post any of your photos. Some days there is no news or anything, and photos would be great for those days, or just anytime! :D

Now, I know this thread is for Norfolk pictures, but I took some of a really small almost unheard of city in Texas that I thought you all might like to see. LOL!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Small my a**! LOL. Were those last ones meant to make us jealous Willy ;) . Some of those pics of Norfolk you took look really dense from that angle, good job.