Norfolk Pictures

willy

Hey vdogg, just wondering, but why did you do a reply to that post with all those pics? it makes it that much longer for the page to load and more time to scroll down.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: I'm sorry, i guess that wasn't very 56k friendly of me. I'll remove them. :rofl:

Thanks, Willy. Really great pics, including the ones of that small town near Galveston!

Two questions:

1. Scrolling down from top, what is that Victorian style building in Photo #6, and...

2. In pic #12, is the Granby Tower site visible here, and is the big white bldg in foreground the Courthouse or Post Office, or neither? :)

Thanks, Willy.  Really great pics, including the ones of that small town near Galveston!

Two questions:

1.  Scrolling down from top, what is that Victorian style building in Photo #6, and...

2.  In pic #12, is the Granby Tower site visible here, and is the big white bldg in foreground the Courthouse or Post Office, or neither? :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure if this is the pic you're referring to but the Granby tower site is clearly visible. It is that parking lot directly across from the federal courthouse (used to be the old post office) which is the very large 4 story building in the foreground. The big white building is the AT&T building and will actually be behind Granby tower in this picture.

P5050090.jpg

What about the Victorian bldg visible in #6 as well as in at least one other photo?

I don't know the name of it, but it is a nice looking building. I've driven past it many, many times. I do know that the Chrysler Museum of Art can be seen just to the left of it. I think there is some small shops on the ground floor and maybe some offices on the top. Not sure if it's indeed historic or something that was built to look that way. Sorry, maybe some one knows a little bit more about it.

Very nice pics of Norfolk from seldom-seen perspectives.

By the way, is the Scope still Norfolk's premier sports/concert venue, or has another arena been built ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope it's still it. The areana was stricken from the budget this year cause of all the other stuff they had to pay, but maybe in future years.

Been busy this week and couldn't post these...here are some week old images of residential development in downtown Norfolk. Check 'em out. It seems to be growing by leaps and bounds daily! Love it!

I believe this is called The Lofts at 500 Granby - across from the Courthouse, Scope and the new highrise.

WrightSiteonGranby.jpg

This is the Lofts at Welton - which is actually on Monticello across from Scope. More info on both of these renovated loft buildings can be found at www.thewrightsites.com -

loftsonMonticelloacrossfromScope.jpg

Here is where the construction was last weekend at St. Paul's Place. One building is hidden from view. This is just a block from MacArthur Place and Scope. There will be the new residential community across the street where the "under demolition" Downtown Plaza still stands - I think that's the name of the place behind McDonald's! B)

StPaulsPlaceLofts.jpg