Norfolk Pictures

willy

• 1 month later...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Laser damaged my Canon camera, so I've reverted to the Casio.... Not the best but...

2561507578_00cbc9006f.jpg

(Harborfest 2008 fireworks)

2561500586_549a063303.jpg

Freemason Historic District Ghost Tales Walking Tour 2008

2543773208_1ba3bb492c.jpg

Chrome yard ball thing (took it while walking to work one morning).

As always, more on my flickr jibbie.

One day I'm going to pick up a used DSLR. And a new used SD550 now that it's got the damage :-) In the next picture, to the left of middle... see that hair looking spec? Seems to be CCD damage. I damaged my camcorder with a large frame argon laser, but that was way more powerful. Things that make you go hmm.

Okay Okay... Sharks with laser beamz:

2553103570_1ddaffa092.jpg

I wish I could have made it to the Harborfest. Nice pics Ethan

I only went to the fireworks. As I was coming back from a car wash I got a text message regarding Harborfest, so I walked over. I went to wash my car right after the earlier of the Freemason tours (didn't want to do it earlier in the day because of the heat).

Growing up around the Chesapeake Jubilee, Harborfest always seemed very small to me. I remember one of the few times going as a kid. In those days there was a carnival that setup shop over on the Portsmouth side. I remember as a kid looking across the water, and noticing that the fun was all over there.

This year I remember walking around the site thinking "Man, all that talk of Harborfest and it fits in the same space as the Beerfest."

I did notice there was a moving head light shining an AT&T logo on the WTC. My stuff isn't ready for putting HRGeeks.com or HRConnect.com logos on other peoples buildings yet.

Looking forward to hitting the Wine festival.

I guess Harborfest has gotten smaller since the days when my grandpappy tied his boat up at Banana Pier and we watched the relay races and volleyball games on vacant lots near the Pagoda. The days when Portsmouth's Seawall Fest occupied the vast parking lots surrounding the lightship, and the lines for the ferry at Portside backed up to the line for the ferry at High Street (pre High Street Landing). Does anyone remember the name of the park that used to be there? Home of the rocket fountain. I'm trying for the life of me to remember but can't. Funny, because my brother and I used to play there all the time when we lived in the Seaboard Bldg.

Edited by lammius

I guess Harborfest has gotten smaller since the days when my grandpappy tied his boat up at Banana Pier and we watched the relay races and volleyball games on vacant lots near the Pagoda. The days when Portsmouth's Seawall Fest occupied the vast parking lots surrounding the lightship, and the lines for the ferry at Portside backed up to the line for the ferry at High Street (pre High Street Landing). Does anyone remember the name of the park that used to be there? Home of the rocket fountain. I'm trying for the life of me to remember but can't. Funny, because my brother and I used to play there all the time when we lived in the Seaboard Bldg.

Biergarden? Just kidding. I don't remeber the park. I do remember Portside.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. I grew up in Norfolk, but left after college. I visit a couple times a year and, whenever I'm in town I always try to take some pictures. Over the past several years, I've taken a few shots that you all might enjoy. Nothing really that you haven't seen many times before; just, perhaps, seen from a slightly different perspective. If you're interested, please follow this link to my Norfolk page (apologies for posting a link rather than the pictures themselves, but there are about 60

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. I grew up in Norfolk, but left after college. I visit a couple times a year and, whenever I'm in town I always try to take some pictures. Over the past several years, I've taken a few shots that you all might enjoy. Nothing really that you haven't seen many times before; just, perhaps, seen from a slightly different perspective. If you're interested, please follow this link to my Norfolk page (apologies for posting a link rather than the pictures themselves, but there are about 60