Norfolk Pictures

willy

Awesome. A feast for the eyes. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Call me a slacker...It's been a busy couple of days for me. I will be in DT tomorrow and will get lots of pix for all here. Hope the weather cooperates. I'll be over in Ghent too....so I'll look around and see what's up with some of the stuff going on over there as well.

:thumbsup:

Call me a slacker...It's been a busy couple of days for me.  I will be in DT tomorrow and will get lots of pix for all here.  Hope the weather cooperates.  I'll be over in Ghent too....so I'll look around and see what's up with some of the stuff going on over there as well.

:thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bristol at Ghent is a huge construction site! It's got 3(i think) towering cranes and 2 pile drivers and takes up about 2 city blocks. You should really take a picture of it, it's a site to see. (Oh, and don't forget HH too) :) .

I drove right thru Ghent the other day and didn't even see that. :(  Just where is this development anyway?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, it's kinda hard to miss :lol: . You'll know it when you see it, trust me. I think there

is a taco bell and some other resturant nearby if that helps. It is sandwhiched between Monticello and Granby I think around 15th street.

Ahh, know right where that is. I just happen to not go that direction this time. Gosh darn it! LOL. Anyway, maybe soon I can check it out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you looking for the construction site of the townhouses and condos? If so, from the taco bell that vdogg mentioned, go towards downtown and you'll see literally blocks of cleared land which the condos will go up on. Construction has already begun and I believe there is a pile-driver on the site but I can't remember.

Are you looking for the construction site of the townhouses and condos? If so, from the taco bell that vdogg mentioned, go towards downtown and you'll see literally blocks of cleared land which the condos will go up on. Construction has already begun and I believe there is a pile-driver on the site but I can't remember.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There is a piledriver and a couple of tower cranes though they're kinda designed funky. Couldn't quite figure out what type of crane they were but they're about 100-150ft high now.

They do seem to be taking their sweet time don't they? <_< . The site was cleared a week ago and I haven't seen any labor done in days. My guess is they are waiting for the return of the pile driver and other equipment/supplies. I think they have to drive more piles for this one than they do for Trader due to its immense size. Thanks for taking the pics though. Now I finally have a picture to add to the HH progress thread.

Harbor Heights around lunch time today.  No workers around at all!  Not much to see right now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It should also be noted that Trader started off very slow as well. I think we can all agree that the Trader site is currently on fire with activity, and the pace of construction has been relentless. I imagine once all the chips are in place you'll see HH just explode with activity.

Over around Granby and Monticello and 14th - 17th is a HUGE development going on.  I'm a little confused about the name.  Several posters here have called it The Bristol at Ghent but all the signage up at the site says The Row at Ghent.  Here are a couple images from all sides!

TheRowatGhentmonticelloandGranby1.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you so much for posting this pic. These are the funky cranes I was referring to. This may not be a tall structure but it is by far the most impressive construction site in the city right now. It's amazing to see. It may very well be the row at Ghent. There are 2 similar projects under the same developer and i'm constantly interchanging the names . If you don't mind I'm gonna add the pic to the projects listing as well. A question for our resident engineer : Urbanfan, is there a particular purpose to a construction company using cranes of such design?

Last but not least for today....the recently sold Texaco Building on "the other side of Brambleton." I drove by and notice several of the units on the 2nd and third floors on the left appear to be storage while a couple on the right side look like someone is living there. Maybe I missed it but what is being planned for the building. Hopefully it will kick start something in that area....and what's up with the bus terminal....is it going bye bye or are we stuck with it!

More pix later...

TexacoBldgonOlney.jpg

The bus terminals day are severely numbered. If the city doesn't grab it for the library the Feds probably will for the courts expansion (thats the only place they have left to go). It hasn't been decided yet what is to be done with the building above, they may either renovate it or tear it down and put something in its place. It is still very early in that process.

They do seem to be taking their sweet time don't they?  <_< . The site was cleared a week ago and I haven't seen any labor done in days. My guess is they are waiting for the return of the pile driver and other equipment/supplies. I think they have to drive more piles for this one than they do for Trader due to its immense size. Thanks for taking the pics though. Now I finally have a picture to add to the HH progress thread.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BTW, the 2 guys in my photo stood at that light/intersection for at least 15 minutes looking at the construction site....ok guys, fess up...were they anyone from this board!!! Or maybe...??