Norfolk Pictures

willy

That ship really looks photoshopped in, it is hard to imagine something that big cruising through that water, even though I know full well that waterway can handle it.
Watching it go by, and see all the happy people on the top deck, it amazed me how big that ship really is. I actually was looking up at them slightly, and I'm a solid 150 feet above the ground, probly another few above water level. I was happy to see the first ship of the year, I hope when it comes back in there's a little clearer weather & the sun isnt right in my eyes.

Here's some photos I took this afternoon in downtown. Does anyone know of any bars that are actually open on sunday afternoons? I really wanted to pop in and grab a beer and a snack after walking around for a couple hours, but didn't really see any places that were open.

22217368.jpg

Larger: Here

22217375.jpg

22217384.jpg

22217391.jpg

22217402.jpg

22217410.jpg

22217421.jpg

22217438.jpg

22217441.jpg

22217449.jpg

22217427.jpg

And soon enough we'll be watching the Westin rise up in this photo!! Larger: Here

Edited by CaveMaN

Here's some photos I took this afternoon in downtown. Does anyone know of any bars that are actually open on sunday afternoons? I really wanted to pop in and grab a beer and a snack after walking around for a couple hours, but didn't really see any places that were open.

22217368.jpg

22217375.jpg

22217384.jpg

22217391.jpg

22217402.jpg

22217410.jpg

22217421.jpg

22217438.jpg

22217441.jpg

22217449.jpg

22217427.jpg

And soon enough we'll be watching the Westin rise up in this photo!! Larger: Here

Hey CaveMaN, could I have permission to use some of these shots on the Hampton Roads blog: www.SmartRegion.org? If so, what byline should I use for your photo credit? Thanks.

Hey CaveMaN, could I have permission to use some of these shots on the Hampton Roads blog: www.SmartRegion.org? If so, what byline should I use for your photo credit? Thanks.
Absolutely...By Rob Bielawski works for me. I appreciate you asking :)

AJ Gators is good for a sunday afternoon. Good wings, beer, and the MLB package.
Thanks man, I'll hafta check that one out sometime, haven't made it in there yet- I do remember walking by it now-

• 3 weeks later...

Another Beauuuutiful day in Norfolk:

22896897.jpg

This ship fills the entire harbor!

22896915.jpg

It straddles from Norfolk to Ptown-

22896927.jpg

22896937.jpg

The ultimate faceoff!

22896879.jpg

For size comparison... wow... this thing is huuuge

CaveMaN- always enjoy your AWESOME photography! Your shots are always interesting, with great composition, angles and lighting!

CaveMaN- always enjoy your AWESOME photography! Your shots are always interesting, with great composition, angles and lighting!
Thank you very much for your kind words!

Here are a couple from tonight... I spent the night up on the peninsula and driving back today I was happily surprised by the presence of another cruise ship. This ship's sister ship is actually THE reason I ended up in Hampton Roads, so the carnival's hold a sort of sentimental value to me... very neat to see one downtown-

22940954.jpg

22940964.jpg

22940977.jpg

22941980.jpg

22941992.jpg

22942003.jpg

Edited by CaveMaN

Awesome photos man! Man I love the view across from Portsmouth-The Westin will fill that gap between the DE building & Wells Fargo perfectly!

Yeah it looks absolutely amazing from portsmouth.. The water traffic in the river, the shipyard, the port, and being able to see the skyline from Fort Norfolk all the way to Dominion Tower makes for a great scene.. I really think Norfolk has a great skyline for a city it's size.. Maybe it's a biased observation, but I think once the Westin is complete, something goes on granby tower lot (which would fill the gap between DE and Suntrust), and that new office tower district that the 2020 plan speaks of (filling gap between RBC and Dominion) Norfolk's skyline will be much better than our beloved capital Richmond..

• 3 weeks later...