Norfolk Pictures

willy

That would be cool, I take it you saw the amateur high def space balloon video?

But even if we can just get access to the highest point on a roof and use a tripod...

Yea the balloon was neat. Someone else had done it a few years prior as well (East Coast IIRC).

The problem with the roof thing is the tripod will have to be really tall to escape the roof itself.

On the Hague tower, you can walk to the long sides on the roof, but the pool house and a brick wall obstruct you from going 360 degrees.

I will never get tired of looking at that view of the city...what a beautiful weekend it was too. Light Rail tracks are really moving along on brambleton in that photo...it's neat to see all the segments getting closer & closer to running into each other.

I love this picture. You can see the skylines of 3 cities. And the density in Norfolk is amazing. Not to beat a dead horse but....imagine this photo with the Granby tower and the Westin in it. That would be stunning. :wub:

How about a stitched together panorama from the top of 201 Twenty One? I need to get a tripod...

I've got tripods but I'm not sure the top is fluid enough... oh wait, software will overcome it.

Does someone rent in there? If not there might be a chance of getting thrown out for trespassing.

Was just sniffing around about a building on Colonial near the New Belmont for hacker space. They are going to renovate it though, and wanted too much. Even too much for the two spaces near Exit Realty/Local Heros/Cogans.

Oh well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

and it is good to see that Main still looks like a ghost town street on weekends.

The buildings aren't flush to the sidewalk, there is absoluetly no retail, other than a Subway and that Schula's place, and the deli.. It's just office buildings and parking decks. Horrible, really.

It's a DEAD ZONE. I'm really hoping the retail woman can work some magic. I've changed my opinion on downtown Norfolk retail.. Sure, MacArthur has 1M sq. feet of shops + restaurants, but there are SO MANY retailers that downtown Norfolk is missing. MacArthur Center is a huge draw. Whenever you walk in there, especially on a weekend, the place is crowded. But I really think that if streets like Granby, Main,Plume Monticello, Busch, Charlotte, Freemason, York, ec. had some GOOD retailers, people would venture out into the city to shop. Besides Granby ST, downtown Norfolk is really just an office park with some people living there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...