Suggestion box

Aessotariq

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this gripe can't really be solved that easily, but I just wish we had more South Florida members, like SSC. At least UP has a good Jax membership, while SSC has all the Miamians. Oh well, I guess the only solution is...recruit?

But I love the forum anyways....keep up the good work.

Maybe we should work on creating and updating a database of the projects. That's what seems to bring in most of the people.

Maybe if we created a P+C thread and locked it. That way only moderators could change it, and there would be no "discussion" getting in the way, just the list of projects.

I know this gripe can't really be solved that easily, but I just wish we had more South Florida members, like SSC.  At least UP has a good Jax membership, while SSC has all the Miamians.  Oh well, I guess the only solution is...recruit?

But I love the forum anyways....keep up the good work.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its been my experience that many of the conversations on SSC are pretty worthless. Maybe it is different with Miami.

I can offer up what we did with Charlotte which has become the busiest forum on UrbanPlanet. The first thing you want to do is not to focus on what is going on on the other sites. It is pretty irrelevant for what we do here and in fact if you try to "recruit" directly from those places, you also inherit all the baggage that comes from there too. The fact that almost every forumer that I have banned from here is a SSC/SSP diehard is a testimate to that.

Instead focus on what is important in Miami. When I started the Charlotte section it was pretty slow for a long time. But I would create threads on skyscrapers, projects, and transit and just keep adding to them in a positive manner. People ended up discovering us through google and other sources and that section has taken off. And the nice thing about it is we have a very mature crowd that could care less about the teenyboppers that you see in other places. A similar thing has happend in other sections of UP as we followed the same recipe.

^Indeed, I am glad that the members here are more mature. And they don't use excessive internet slang...

Anyways, I agree, we need a big P&C list. I'm not really volunteering to do one for Miami. I had trouble keeping West Palm's organized, and my EDIT button stopped working, so I couldn't add more projects to the same post. Meh.

^I agree. The Jax and Orlando forums started off slow as well. Those sites grew due to a few dedicated local forumers keeping them updated with local development news, a P&C thread with project renderings and occassional photo threads. The same thing has happened for several other sections like Grand Rapids and Virginia also. Adding and keeping an updated P&C thread will do wonders. But the main thing is it won't happen overnight, it takes time.

^Indeed, I am glad that the members here are more mature.  And they don't use excessive internet slang...

Anyways, I agree, we need a big P&C list.  I'm not really volunteering to do one for Miami.  I had trouble keeping West Palm's organized, and my EDIT button stopped working, so I couldn't add more projects to the same post.  Meh.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

monsoon, is there anything you can do about this?

monsoon, is there anything you can do about this?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed I can. UrbanPlanet is always happy to make changes where it helps our members out.

Urban, I have placed you in the Editor group which removes the time restrictions on your ability to edit. (and adds a couple of other features as well). Please let us know if you need anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived