Winston-Salem is 24 acres larger

DigitalSky

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres already a walmart right there near clemmons by I-40, and clemmons has a kmart.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

true but this one is no where near that walmart. Clemmonsville road runs east west in the southern part of W-S. this one would be very close to davidson county....which i believe is a big reason why another one is proposed in the city. the towns of north davidson often commute to Winston-Salem.

The new Wal-Mart on Peters Crk. probably is more a sure thing than the store on Reynolda. Like earlier posts, the new one out towards Peters Crk. and Clemmonsville Rd. is actually needed for that side of town to include residents of both Forsyth and Davidson Counties.

The one on Reynolda Road shouldn't be built...its 5 minutes from the Hanes Mill location plus they can't even operate that one on Hanes Mill effectively/efficiently.

PS-Been reading for a while....my first post though :)

• 2 weeks later...

yea it looks like the neighbors won this one. But it could be strategic move from walmart...withdraw a petition and then resubmit a revised one a week later. the city council looks like they will vote anyway on the proposal. it would be weird if they vote in favor of the store on tuesday.

The one on Peters Creek just got approved from the planning board. The city will more than likely approve this one also.

• 2 weeks later...

Winston's 3rd Wal-Mart Supercenter was approved lastnight on Peter's Creek Pkwy. Also, after deciding not to build a 4th off Reynolda road last month, Wal-Mart still plans to build a 4th Supercenter somewhere in the East Winston area. If the 4th is approved, Winston will have a Super Wal-Mart on the North, South, East and West. If all goes as planned, Forsyth county will have 5 Supercenters...how many do we need??

www.journalnow.com

• 8 months later...

Winston's 3rd Wal-Mart Supercenter was approved lastnight on Peter's Creek Pkwy. Also, after deciding not to build a 4th off Reynolda road last month, Wal-Mart still plans to build a 4th Supercenter somewhere in the East Winston area. If the 4th is approved, Winston will have a Super Wal-Mart on the North, South, East and West. If all goes as planned, Forsyth county will have 5 Supercenters...how many do we need??

www.journalnow.com

I like the fact that we will have five supercenters how many does greensboro and durham have ?

:yahoo::w00t:

Durham does not have a Wal-Mart Supercenter. The closest ones are in Hillsborough and in north Raleigh, which are both right across the Durham County line though. Durham does have two regular Wal-Mart stores (as Mike mentioned) and a Super Target.

Greensboro has 2 Wal-Mart Supercenters (Wendover, South Elm-Eugene), a regular Wal-Mart (Battleground) and a Wal-Mart Supercenter under construction (Cone Blvd).

Durham is a little odd retail-wise. They don't have a Dillard's anymore, and the Wal-Mart on the south side is almost in Orange County. I think they may still have a Kmart, but if it's open, it's tucked behind South Square.

Neither Durham Wal-Mart is expandable. The south store is about as big as they can get on the site, and the north store is landlocked in a shopping center that already has a supermarket.

As Steven mentioned, Durham does have a supercenter but it is almost in Orange County along with a Best Buy, Dick's, Barnes & Noble, and I believe a Michael's.
The Wal-Mart at New Hope Commons has a lot of groceries but is technically not a Supercenter because it doesn't have produce or fresh meats.

New Hope Commons is basically Wal-Mart's version of K-Mart's "Big K"...the Garner and Cary stores are now like that....with a row of freezers/coolers but no deli, bakery or produce, etc....I think Wal-Mart has put those into the stores that they don't plan to close/move or expand into Supercenters anytime soon....

New Hope Commons is basically Wal-Mart's version of K-Mart's "Big K"...the Garner and Cary stores are now like that....with a row of freezers/coolers but no deli, bakery or produce, etc....I think Wal-Mart has put those into the stores that they don't plan to close/move or expand into Supercenters anytime soon....

I'm surprised they didn't make that Wal-Mart in New Hope Commons a Supercenter because it was built in 1999, I believe and there wasn't hardly any other competition at the time.

There is (assuming it's still there) another one near Crabtree Valley Mall that is like this too.

Archived